driver seat moves when car turns off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

driver seat moves when car turns off

sobeyeg

Reaction score
Can someone help me disable the driver seat from automatically backing up when the car is turned off. I want to be able to put a child seat back there but it won't fit when the seat slides back. The menu options in the manual do not appear to be available on my 2011 Limited.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm..all the menu options should be available. You may have to scroll through to find them, but it should be part of the left hand display on the dash. If you can't find it, your dealer should be able to help you with it. Unfortunately I can't help much since my vehicle doesn't have those seats.

Theres and option for Easy entry / exit. you can turn it off from the left side system menu. I disabled it as well.

Thank you very much. I was looking in the center panel of the MFT.

Hey sobeyeg,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. Were you able to get the drivers seat to stop moving backward when the car turned off? If not, please send a PM and I will help find a resolution.

Seni

Driver Seat

How can this be disabled in a 2007 Explorer?

Thanks in advance,

foghat

How can this be disabled in a 2007 Explorer?

Thanks in advance,

foghat
Hi foghat. Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Since you posted this in the 2011 - 2013 Explorer forum, I don't know if you will get an answer unless a member happens to have a 2007 Explorer. You would be better off posting your query in the 2006 - 2010 Explorer, Mountaineer section.
Good luck.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the help. I looked around the site but could not find a forum for Explorers with a different range of model years so, I figured I'd give this one a try. I did more searching after the post and found that the feature is called Easy Exit or Easy Enter or some such foolishness. When I knew what it was called I found it in my vehicle’s settings. It’s all set and it works fine.

Thanks,
foghat

Peter,

Thanks for the help. I looked around the site but could not find a forum for Explorers with a different range of model years so, I figured I'd give this one a try. I did more searching after the post and found that the feature is called Easy Exit or Easy Enter or some such foolishness. When I knew what it was called I found it in my vehicle’s settings. It’s all set and it works fine.

Thanks,
foghat
So I guess that feature name hasn't changed. Asfor the forum your are likely looking for, try this one;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Peter

Stop driver seat from automatically moving back

Hey guys,

I have a 2011 Limited with the heated and cooled seats. The driver seat automatically moves all the way back when you turn off the car and I was just wondering if anyone knows how to turn that feature off. It's a really nice and luxurious feature but sometimes it hits the knees of the person sitting in the second row. I also don't necessarily need it to automatically back up all the way.

Thanks!

Its on the left mft screen, under settings, then vehicle, then easy exit.

Its on the left mft screen, under settings, then vehicle, then easy exit.

Thank you very much. My service adviser did not even know you could that! Many thanks.

Thank you very much. My service adviser did not even know you could that! Many thanks.

I turned mine OFF also because it keeps hitting the baby car seat at the back.

no pun intended, but this is why so many negative statements are written about the explorer, because their are people that have these techy vehicles and don't know how to use the systems and this is with all new techy cars !! sorry to intent to insult anyone !!

Back