• Register Today It's free!

Driver Side Rear Window Issue

browncow

Reaction score
City, State
Southeast
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 explorer 4.0
I have put off for some time working on my rear drivers side passenger window for some time. It just never went up all the way (short by a half inch) and the motor never worked. I finally purchased a motor for the window. Since I purchased this Explorer for a buck, I just drive the thing and it works fine but now I am wanting to just get the little stuff fixed. Anyway, I pulled the door panel and noticed the the junction wiring was not even hooked up to the switch. I just kicked my self because I just dropped a hundred bucks on this motor. the reason for the kick was that maybe the window did not work because the wiring junction was not plugged into the switch. So I plugged it in and the window went down nice and quiet. It was beautiful but when I went to push the switch to raise the window, the motor did not do a thing. I went ahead and replaced the old motor with the new one since I was already there and raised the window to at least keep it closed due to weather. I did test the new motor as well and the motor worked fine going down but nothing going up. I am guessing that it is just the window switch which I ordered from Ford today for 54 bucks. Any ideas folks? Am I going down the right road in addressing this issue. I love this old truck and since I paid a buck for it and all I have done is put tires on it after 40k miles since purchase minus basic tune-up stuff. I just don't want to go down the wrong road here.

Replaced with new Ford Switch and window will still only go down. The Front main switch panel will not work on the rear window and the actual rear window works the window but again only down. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Back