DRIVER WINDOW NOT WORKING, 97 Explorer XLT - Solved | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DRIVER WINDOW NOT WORKING, 97 Explorer XLT - Solved

gorp00

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
Recently replaced motor on driver's window. Been having trouble getting window to stay in track. So yesterday I ran the window down and it came off track mid-travel. Now the switch will not turn the window motor on at all. I tested the motor alone and it works. All I get from the door switch is a faint click from under the dash which I assume is the auto feature activating. When this happens the voltage at the swtich momentarily goes to battery voltage but then immdiately drops to 0.

All other windows work ok. Seems like maybe the glass jamming on the way down overloaded something in the circuit but I don't know what or how to reset it. Any ideas?

The motor kit I bought came with a number of 2 wire adapters for various connectors. The one for me worked but the problem was on the motor end of the adpter. Plugging it into the motor pushed the terminals down into the connector which I'm guessing just left them barely touching the motor terminals. The shock of the glass jamming broke the shaky connection. So pushing the adpter wires back up into the connector fixed it. Simple, huh? So, it's seat the wires and superglue them into the connector.

Thanks for those who read this.

Back