• Register Today It's free!

Driver's Power Seat Woes

knucklesdm

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Limited, 4cyl
Found this forum through google searches for Explorer power seat prob's. Learned a lot but still need a little help. My 2014 driver's side front seat will not move forward/backward, up/down (same switch) or recline (2nd switch), but the lumbar switch (3rd switch) still powers the lumbar bolster in the seat. Electronic pedal adjustment still works as well as electronic steering telescoping. However, side mirrors and seat memory buttons also do NOT work. I checked the driver's power seat fuse under the hood, pulled and inspected, replaced it with another working 30 amp fuse, no improvement.

Since the lumbar switch in the seat still works, the seat is getting power (so I'm ruling out a fuse). I checked all connections under the seat. I noticed there is a large memory module under the driver's seat I'm guessing is the culprit. This is the part: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bb5z14c708a Without access to a wiring diagram, I can't see if failure of this part interrupts power to these seat switches, mirrors, and memory buttons on the door. I'm hoping someone here can post up either that answer or the wiring diagram.

I've done my best to troubleshoot and eliminate possible causes, but I've reach the end of my own abilities. Hoping much wiser and knowledgeable members here can help. Thanks in advance!

Can still be a fuse.

Power Lumbar uses fuse F19 (under dash)

Seat module gets power from Fuse F7 (7.5 Amp fuse under dash) and also from Fuse F23 (30 Amp fuse under the hood).

Check those

...... However, side mirrors and seat memory buttons also do NOT work. I checked the driver's power seat fuse under the hood, pulled and inspected, replaced it with another working 30 amp fuse, no improvement.
I've done my best to troubleshoot and eliminate possible causes, but I've reach the end of my own abilities. Hoping much wiser and knowledgeable members here can help. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you checked Fuse 32 under the dash? It controls the power fold mirrors.
Please complete registration by adding the trim level (Base, XLT, etc.) as requested. This is very useful info to have since all trims don't have the same features and will show in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

Thanks for the quick reply Sheltonfilms. I looked under the dash, left of the steering wheel yesterday and just didn't see any fuse box. Your reply prompted me to go check again but first google for it. I found this Youtube vid showing me where it was. :thumbsup:
That location just wasn't designed with me in mind. I pulled the F7 fuse, it checked out OK visually and on my DVM. Reinstalled the fuse under the dash, checked the seat for ***** and grins and it was working again! This is why I hate electronics. :) Thanks again for the quick help!

Peterk9: trim level updated.

Back