• Register Today It's free!

Drivers Seat doesn't stay upright

StevenW87

Reaction score
City, State
Kerman, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' Explorer, 4X4
My drivers seat won't stay upright, I have a frickin' milk crate holding it up right now. The adjuster lever is stuck too, I mean really stuck, like I tried a pair pliers and it only bent the darn thing.

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in because the repair threads don't seem to have a vehicle interior section. And maybe this question has already been answered, if so, a link to that solution would be appreciated.

It's a 92 Explorer.

Thanks guys, I'm eager to get this fixed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think its just 4 bolts holding the seat to the track. Take it off and see what the issue is. If you have electric seats its 4 bolts and the connector.
Prolly too hard to get underneath and see if anything is amiss. Taking it off, I think, would be your best bet.

I've actually already removed the seat, I have it upside down and started to remove the bolts on the side, but stopped after seeing the wound up spring. I figured I'd better get some experienced advice before doing something un-fixable.

Good point. And not just 'un-fixable' but also 'un-reassemble-able.' A few times, in my I CAN FIX THIS mode I have taken something apart and actually fixed the issue, but then realized that I cannot re-assemble what I just fixed. Bummer. o_O

Back