drivers side seat backpeice broke | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

drivers side seat backpeice broke

xdviper

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
my drivers seat is also dead but not power, the part of the seat where you lean your back on moves around back and forth. i don't know how i broke it but i was cleaning the back of the car, i leaned on the seat to much and it snapped and it went forward. now that part of the seat moves back and forth. i can't drive like this, so i went ahead and put milk carts over there, it does the job but i want to fix it. how do i fix this? i took the power things off and the adjuster that moves the back, back and forth isn't there, i think it broke long time ago. do i have to buy a new seat? can i get this fixed? thanks

Recall?

Check and make sure that this isn't under the recall issued a couple years ago, it was on 1996-2002 Explorers & Mountaineers. There's a problem bolt that attaches the seat recliner mechanism to the drivers seat frame.

This bolt is to be replaced due to the possibility of breakage which can cause the seat to recline all the way back until it contacts the second row seat, which is similar to what you have.

Back