Drivers Side Window Problems

Drock4k

Reaction score
City, State
Manhattan, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Hey guys.

Recently I've ran into quite an annoyance with my drivers side window, the problem is pretty blunt it won't roll up. I can use my drivers side automatic windows to roll up every window in my explorer except the drivers side. Any idea's or a good place to start? Please be as descriptive as possible i'm not much of a car guy but can figure out basic stuff. Pictures work too!

Thanks a ton!

Derick

---------------------------------------

Guess it would probably help to list that I have a 1995 Ford Explorer XLT =)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you press the button to roll up the window can you hear the lift motor working? If not then it probably crapped out on you. Could also be the regulator. Short of a wiring problem those are the only 2 things I can think of off the top of my head that could be giving you trouble.

I can hear a short click every time I hit the button to roll it up. That's all I hear. Lift Motor? Regulator? I'm lost lol.

Just one click or a series of clicks?

Just one, everytime I hit the button I get one click.

Bump-- Any further idea's?

You can try what I did. Take the door panel off hit the door with the palm of your hand where the motor is hit it hard! My friend that owens a body shop showed me that trick and while your at it put some vasaline on the tracks to help the mindow roll up and down.

I'll give it a shot Truck and let you know how it goes =)

Back