Drivers side window stopped working! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drivers side window stopped working!

Big_Seph

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Ford Explorer
My driver's side window stopped working with no warning at all. I let it down, as usual, and 40 miles later it wouldn't go back up. I don't hear the motor winding and it doesn't sound like its off track. And it's only the drivers side window, all the others work fine, for now. Has anyone ever experienced this and is there a way to fix this?

Sometimes the motor goes bad with no reason or noise :( You can get the part at any local auto parts store, usually for around $50.All you have to do is pop the cover off of the door and you will see the wires coming from the window buttons down to the window motor. Simply disconnect them, replace the motor and plug in the new motor. Make sure it goes up and down freely a few times and then replace the door panel (you may need the plastic clips as most of them are one time use only ) and you have a working window again. If that dont fix the problem you can always take the new part back!

Back