Driveshaft Recall

Dale5403

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
A recall for defective driveshafts is issued for vehicles built between August 24 to September 30, 2019. Mine is one of them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How were you notified? How can you tell Manufacturer date from vin?

How were you notified? How can you tell Manufacturer date from vin?

I haven't been notified. Just happened to see it on the web. If you have the window sticker its on there. If not it's also on a sticker on the B pillar. That's the pillar between the drivers and passengers door. It looks like only 18 vehicles have the defective driveshaft so it's a pretty small number.

I haven't been notified. Just happened to see it on the web. If you have the window sticker its on there. If not it's also on a sticker on the B pillar. That's the pillar between the drivers and passengers door. It looks like only 18 vehicles have the defective driveshaft so it's a pretty small number.
Thank you. I am a few weeks out of the date window. I got the story forwarded by a family member so started searching for date info. Best of luck with your vehicle

Let's hope yours is Not one of the 18 vehicles with the defective one.

A recall for defective driveshafts is issued for vehicles built between August 24 to September 30, 2019. Mine is one of them.

Thank you. Have added that to the Recall thread.

Peter

The recall showed up on Ford Pass this weekend. I have not received a letter from Ford yet but plan on calling service tomorrow to see if I can schedule it to be checked.

The recall for the rear camera is still taking forever... This is more serious, so I hope it gets priority.

I contacted my dealer last week. They knew about the recall, and scheduled an appointment even though I hadn't received notice from Ford. Ultimately, they found that my Explorer wasn't one of the 18 with bad driveshafts.

I contacted my dealer last week. They knew about the recall, and scheduled an appointment even though I hadn't received notice from Ford. Ultimately, they found that my Explorer wasn't one of the 18 with bad driveshafts.

I had mine in Friday with the same results. Driveshaft checked out OK.

Back