Drivetrain vibration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drivetrain vibration

drolls

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer awd 5.0
Took a long trip yesterday and developed a nasty vibration. It is slight evident at lower speeds when I'm accelerating, gets worse as speed increases. Out of the throttle it diminishes, at 70+ mph on the highway it is real bad. Everything in the rear view and driver side mirror is blurry, feels like it's coming from the driver side front. I can feel it in the gas pedal. When letting of the throttle at higher speeds it produces a rubbing sound and letting it coast I feel a slight bucking. I gonna start by looking at the u joints tonight after work. Any ideas guys? Forgot to mention, it's a 2001 awd.

I had the same problem with my 2003. it was my toque converter. if I remember it is electronic. go have it hooked up too a computer at a transmission shop. good luck

Unfortunately, I think that is my issue. Started up the truck and the idle goes up and down slightly, hunting for the correct speed, an issue I noticed a week or two ago which I thought might be iac related. Also, when reving it in park I feel the vibration and can hear chatter that appears to be coming from the area of the torque convertor. Should I try a trans fluid change before I take this to a shop? Really can't afford a big bill right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back