• Register Today It's free!

DRL's (Daytime Running Lights)

coyoteddie

Reaction score
City, State
show low, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
Is it possible to disable the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) on my 2001 Sport Trac

:feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i didnt know 01 sport trac come with daytime running

lol that wasn't me that post that danny it was my friend sorry bout that. He is kinda out of it right now he is lil bit drunk.

lol that wasn't me that post that danny it was my friend sorry bout that. He is kinda out of it right now he is lil bit drunk.

Sure thats what they all say ;)

At 8:59 you were posting a welcome to someone to the forums. At 9:00 you said "i didnt know 01 sport trac come with daytime running" (this is all in my time) So your friend welcomes people for you? The posts were 1 min apart. Why did you not correct him? Haha just givin you hell!

Umm, ok? Are you few real!? After 91 or so all cars trucks and SUVs had to have DRL to be road leagle...In Canada...

what's a leagle....:confused:

edit: you could probably disconnect the park brake input to the module from the harness, and connect it to ground (going into the module), think this will fool the DRL module .

Think he meant legal.

But why would you want to disable the daytime running lights anyhow? Unless you are thinking about doing something illegal. :D

-mc

most police vehicles disable DRLs to make themselves and others safer

edit: you could probably disconnect the park brake input to the module from the harness, and connect it to ground (going into the module), think this will fool the DRL module .

Sorry all the head trauma makes it hard to spell some words...As for DRL there is just unplug the DRL module, like I did for my friend 96X...His was in the front of the truck hanging down by the bumper...

I figured it out - No more DRL,s

I finally got hold of a wiring ski matic and it was as simple as pulling the plug from the DRL module. And by the way there is a sticker under my hood that says "this vehicle was manufactured for export to Canada" As far as legal or illegal doings :bsnicker:

My next project is to get the Bright lights and fog lights to stay on together. :shifty_ey

Thanks all

I finally got hold of a wiring ski matic and it was as simple as pulling the plug from the DRL module. And by the way there is a sticker under my hood that says "this vehicle was manufactured for export to Canada" As far as legal or illegal doings :bsnicker:

My next project is to get the Bright lights and fog lights to stay on together. :shifty_ey

Thanks all

I know how to do that!

;) Are you going to share with us are do we have to pay for that info?

If you just disconnect the DRL module (which is located behind the drivers bumper with the connection facing down) the "BRAKE!" and High beam indicators apparently do not function properly.

Also as simply stated by someone that if you pull the brake cable a little it shouls go out-- wrong. These da#$ DRL never go out.....unless.......here it is....all for free...:

Clip the light green and yellow wire going into the DRL module. This cuts power to the module and disables the DRL without the annoying warning lights. Plus it saves wear and tear on my expensive bulbs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you just disconnect the DRL module (which is located behind the drivers bumper with the connection facing down) the "BRAKE!" and High beam indicators apparently do not function properly.

Also as simply stated by someone that if you pull the brake cable a little it shouls go out-- wrong. These da#$ DRL never go out.....unless.......here it is....all for free...:

Clip the light green and yellow wire going into the DRL module. This cuts power to the module and disables the DRL without the annoying warning lights. Plus it saves wear and tear on my expensive bulbs.

All I did on a 96 explorer is disconnected the DRL module. And everything worked fine...No problem with the high beams or the brake thingy...

But it may be different on newer models...

Back