Drone to help your Ford | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drone to help your Ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doesn’t seem at all practical. To make a drone that’d have enough range to get to you, AND have enough juice to jump you AND get back to where it’s going doesn’t seem cost effective with current tech available.

If Ford was smart, they’d just add a built in jump pack and make it a feature that the cars could all just jump themselves. It’d cost them under $30, and wouldn’t require the incredible waste of energy and infrastructure that the drones would need.

Doesn’t seem at all practical. To make a drone that’d have enough range to get to you, AND have enough juice to jump you AND get back to where it’s going doesn’t seem cost effective with current tech available.

If Ford was smart, they’d just add a built in jump pack and make it a feature that the cars could all just jump themselves. It’d cost them under $30, and wouldn’t require the incredible waste of energy and infrastructure that the drones would need.
First time my wife would find out there's an extra battery for the battery she would be relying on that. Hell she's got my fuel card and the only time her truck has over 1/4 tank of gas is if I'm driving it. Miles till empty calculator is very important to her lol

First time my wife would find out there's an extra battery for the battery she would be relying on that. Hell she's got my fuel card and the only time her truck has over 1/4 tank of gas is if I'm driving it. Miles till empty calculator is very important to her lol
Yeah, I could see that being the case.

I HAD a portable jump pack, the thing died and couldn't be recharged. Probably poor quality.

I HAD a portable jump pack, the thing died and couldn't be recharged. Probably poor quality.
I’ve had mine for about 4 years probably. I’ve used it several times, including using it to power my router and TV during extended power outages.

The old jumper boxes had heavy lead acid batteries, and took a long time to fully charge. You let it sit in your vehicle until you need it then find out that it went dead because it loses a small charge everyday. The new ones with lithium ion batteries are small, light weight, and hold a charge for a long time plus they recharge pretty fast.

The old jumper boxes had heavy lead acid batteries, and took a long time to fully charge. You let it sit in your vehicle until you need it then find out that it went dead because it loses a small charge everyday. The new ones with lithium ion batteries are small, light weight, and hold a charge for a long time plus they recharge pretty fast.
Mine takes 6-8 hours. Unless you charge it on the car. Then it takes about 5 minutes.

Back