Drool over this gen I Explorer....Built for desert use | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drool over this gen I Explorer....Built for desert use

Holy Ballz!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ahhh the old leafs vs links
I think leafs can be set up to work just as well as a 3-4 link.
I hear it all the time.

This setup on that Ex is clean, simple, and effective, kinda has a "theme" to it.
Sure there are badder Ex's out there, but I bet you that truck performs just fine, the feedback on the DR forum is that it does just that........its just so damn clean, the fab work!

I agree leafs, if set up correctly can work very well, but you can't get 42" of smooth controlled travvel like you can with links.

Like I said before too, that is some of the nicest and most clean fab work I've seen.

That Explorer is awesome... I think I just drooled :eek:

3-4 link rear setups, from what I hear, are not as "streetable" as leafs

But I would think with a good sway bar it would do just fine? I dont know but maybe that was part of this guys decision.

I believe in a thing called love...

If the links are set up correctly, (which most of the setups you see on the street are not) it can be the same or better than leafs. I guess it really doesn't matter since this one has leafs though. :rolleyes: :)

I like the custom wheel wells he put up in the glass. I could use that on mine...

Back