Drop Coils by Ground Force Suspension | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drop Coils by Ground Force Suspension

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
ok. i was looking through my feb edition of truckin magizine, and on page 20 (for those keeping count) ground force suspensions is goin to offer drop coils/springs for the explorers. it doesnt say what years, or pricing, but it does say it'll drop the front 1.6 inches. which means us 4wd 1st gens might have a chance at lowering ours (when i say "us" and "ours" i mean mainly me:D)
does anyone else now about these? seems like ground force is picking up where eibach left off.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those are for 2002+ explorers
from explorer express: The most economic way to lower your third generation Explorer is to install the Ground Force lowering Springs. These springs are compatible with the factory shocks. Ride height is lowered approximately 1.6 inches.

jasonf83, how was the ride? remember, i have 4x4, and will i need to replace my bumper stops?

Lookin to drop '96 explorer 2 in all around. Any ideas?

Search torsion twist ("tt" It's a sticky at the top of this forum) and blocks. After an alignment, it will have cost you about $70

Or, you could get custom leaf springs for a better ride.

Thanx. I can get the leaf springs for the back but i have to do something about the coils in the front.

my bad on bringing up this old thread....but will these springs work and the 4.L engine? it says V8 only?? And it will be going on a mountaineer too!

Back