Drop Questions (Already Completed) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drop Questions (Already Completed)

KevinACrider

Reaction score
City, State
Duncannon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Mountaineer
I just finished doing my drop. TT in the front, 2" blocks in the rear. The front is slammed (i removed the bolts completely) and I kind of think the back is a little lower but it just doesn't look like it was lowered too much at all. I followed the instruction per this thread. I will get pictures tomorrow when it's daylight. Also, I did this on an AWD 99 Mountaineer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't you flip the torsion bars over and you get 3-4" drop?

Yea, that's in the front. The front is already sitting pretty though. I'm gonna go see if I can grab some shots of the wheel gap.

oh I misread what you said.... All I can really say is maybe you need bigger blocks. I am sure you already thought of that though, lol.

I thought of that. I just thought everyone else did 2" and they looked good. Here are pictures.

DropFront.jpg

Front

DropRear.jpg

Rear

Well it looks good i went with the 2 inch blocks also. mine sits level. except a lil lower on the driver side. wondering if you had that problem also. and can anyone please reply to my post about the questionable part/shock. thanks. and looks good man.

Back