Drunk driver crashes Ford Explorer through the front of a convenience store | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Drunk driver crashes Ford Explorer through the front of a convenience store

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
A surveillance camera at a 7-11 in Waterbury captured images as an SUV crashed into the store, missing a customer inside by inches.

The accident happened Monday night at the Cooke Street convenience store.

On Tuesday, crews spent the day cleaning up and repairing the damage.

"A customer was here. She was like half an inch away from a car which is good. The car never hit the girl," said Jamal Hussain, the store manager.

The video can be seen here: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Video-Shows-Store-Crash-145993915.html

BigRondo

USMC 1371
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V6 4x4
Talk about a close call!

FIND

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Vermillion, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT V8 AWD
Driving drunk, crashes through a store, inches away from hitting a girl, fleeing the scene of an accident.

Yeah, totally an American hero. I don't care that he was a soldier, I wouldn't have cared if he won a friggen medal of honor. That lawyer is a bastard to try and use something honorable like military service to excuse his behavior. It is a disgrace to every one of us who has ever enlisted, then continued to live honorable lives after our service without expecting some type of special treatment or exemption from the normal rules.

SkyJumper

DISABLED AIRBORNE VET
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
SW Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Expedition XLT 4x4
Yeah, totally an American hero. I don't care that he was a soldier, I wouldn't have cared if he won a friggen medal of honor. That lawyer is a bastard to try and use something honorable like military service to excuse his behavior. It is a disgrace to every one of us who has ever enlisted, then continued to live honorable lives after our service without expecting some type of special treatment or exemption from the normal rules.

My exact thoughts also.