• Register Today It's free!

DTR sensor change...

35Remmy

Reaction score
City, State
Binghamton NY, Hazleton PA, Northern NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'88,'99 Ranger, '00 EX
Quick question...anybody have an idea how much it costs to change the DTR (digital transmission range) sensor? I'm thinking this is a Ford-only part?

Sometimes my transmission acts like it's got a mind of its own. I did the Central Valve Bodies swap and my flare is gone but I'm almost positive (esp. after talking w/ a tranny mechanic) I damaged or misaligned the DTR sensor after adjusting my bands (it was in the way and I had to remove it).

I just stuck it back in the hole (no pun intended!!!) and tightened it down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might want to try to realign it before you replace it. Did you put it back in the same spot (matched it up to markings of dirt around where the sensor was)?

Quick question...anybody have an idea how much it costs to change the DTR (digital transmission range) sensor? I'm thinking this is a Ford-only part?

Sometimes my transmission acts like it's got a mind of its own. I did the Central Valve Bodies swap and my flare is gone but I'm almost positive (esp. after talking w/ a tranny mechanic) I damaged or misaligned the DTR sensor after adjusting my bands (it was in the way and I had to remove it).

I just stuck it back in the hole (no pun intended!!!) and tightened it down.

I mangled mine when I adjusted my bads. Was able to order one from the following site:

http://www.acerecon.com/atc/site/index.aspx

Installation was easy. They delivered via UPS in one day to NY from NJ.

Brooklyn...everyone speaks of the sensor's alignment...I guess I don't remember anything about re-installing it except lining the bolt holes back up and tightening it down.

So I guess I don't know how I could have screwed it up.

very simple to do
Autozone has them also for about $40

The transmission is put into Neautral
The sensor is installed on the trans and rotated until the rotating wheel hash mark points directly at the N hash mark on the sensor body

two bolts, 1 wiring connector, the shift cable arm has to come off to get the sensor in and out

It is very simple to do, like 10 minutes max, use jack stands or ramps please

Thanks a lot 410...I appreciate the help!

Back