Dual Climate with no heat on the passenger side | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual Climate with no heat on the passenger side

carpgto

Reaction score
City, State
Indian Trail, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Bauer 4.6
First of all hello. I have been searching through pages and pages on this forum for about 3 days and I am still stuck. I have a 2003 with the dual climate control. The passenger side is not working, but the driver side is blowing hot. I have removed the center consol and checked the blend doors. They all are moving, no noise. Air flow is good. The heater core is very hot to the touch. Both lines going into the heater core are hot. Radiator is full. On a recent trip to Florida I noticed the AC was not cooling on either side. I did find that the wire near the oil filter has worn through the AC line ( the 4.6 common problem), I did a temporary fix, but would this affect the heat? I am assuming the freon is low, and I hear the AC cycling. I know this alot to put out there, any help would be appreciated. The wife is cold and has taken my car until I figure it out!

( BTW I did run the diagnostic on the HVAC read out and a code 22 67 came up. I don't know what to do with that.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same thing. What is the issue???

I just got the same code today 22 67. What is that??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2267 means RH blend door failure or short.

Thanks! Where do I look for that? All of the doors seem to open and close fine as I adjust the air from floor to dash. (sorry to sound so uneducated)

question

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a blend door on both sides of the center console?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a blend door on both sides of the center console?

On dual climate control system there are 2. One on each side.

Is there a picture of the passenger side? I have been in there all evening again and nothing. I dont see one on the driver side either. There isn't even anything white in th area.

Is there a picture of the passenger side? I have been in there all evening again and nothing. I dont see one on the driver side either. There isn't even anything white in th area.

Did you ever find anything on the Passenger side Blend Door? I too am in search.

Still looking for replacement instructions or how-to for Passenger side. I've seen a few different YouTube and Forum posts, but they seem to show locations either behind glove box, left of (inside) glove box or Left and down (inside) glove box. I don't seem to have the version that is simple to find.

Anyone? 2002 Ford Explorer EB with Dual Climate Control (Digital)

Let me help you Sid. I have provided a link to a thread that has a picture with the instrument panel removed exposing the passenger side ducts and actuators.

The author has circled the Vent/Panel actuator. Below this is the Floor actuator. Just below that you will see a wire and it is attached to the passenger Blend Door actuator. It is black in color. I have replaced mine and I recall it had 3 screws.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397841

Let me help you Sid. I have provided a link to a thread that has a picture with the instrument panel removed exposing the passenger side ducts and actuators.

The author has circled the Vent/Panel actuator. Below this is the Floor actuator. Just below that you will see a wire and it is attached to the passenger Blend Door actuator. It is black in color. I have replaced mine and I recall it had 3 screws.

A/C What's this?

If you have replaced it, did you need or have to remove the dash?

(I updated the image from that thread... is Orange the Floor Actuator and the green the passenger blend door??)

If you have replaced it, did you need or have to remove the dash?
I'm not sure on removal of the passenger side but I thought from looking at mine the dash would have to come out some to access the screws...
However here is a video of a guy doing the driverside replacement without pullinig the dash... -He has a single temp system but It looks like it's the same on the driverside except my actuators are black... I'm surprised he had enough room to get it out though.

(I updated the image from that thread... is Orange the Floor Actuator and the green the passenger blend door??)
Yes from looking at mine, I believe the Orange is the floor actuator and the green is the passenger blend door.

Here is where mine are located:

Passenger Side:
20160709_110348_zpskx1csckk.jpg

Drivers Side
20160709_112114%201_zpsyggpaym4.jpg

Additionally, if you want to test the functionality of these before removal you can watch the white axle with the square shape in it (the red circle in the image below) this should rotate slowly as you change the temp...
It should make a quarter turn (90 degrees) rotation from hottest to coolest setting. Usually when these fail the gears strip inside and they only turn part way while making a clicking sound.

20160709_114623_zpsyzwcsqrt.jpg

I'm gonna jump in here and see if anyone is still checking this thread and can help me out. I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer with dual climate control that has the clicking going on and no heat on the passenger side, so I'm pretty well sure that my issue is the blend door actuator. The problem I'm having is finding the correct part number for the blend door actuator that I need. Does anyone out there know what the correct (OEM) replacement part number is?? Thanks!

Back