Dual disc caliper installation on a Ford Mustang. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual disc caliper installation on a Ford Mustang.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
Chris fix shows how to install dual calipers on his 99 stang.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like that idea!

I thought you would,all stock parts except the bracket. I get a lot of ideas from this guy. He modified his Mazda truck and mustang . His truck he has done a lot of fun stuff. I like the headlight box trick to install hid and a few others. I'm allway surfing u tube since I'm home. Got cast off hand, so time to tinker.

How are the calipers hydraulically connected? Does it have a "T" or a "Y" connected to 2 hydraulic lines? What happens when you bleed one caliper at a time if there is air in the opposite caliper?

I can't answer that question it's above my pay grade. I would think it's a y. Same thing with a regular rear. If you bleed the left your bleeding air out of the system and the right the right. The fluid does not know left or right it gos to the path of least resistant.
But if you want an answer that has more knowledge post a message to Chris's. He allways responds when I ask him a question. He by passed the foot peddle so he can just lock up the rear since it's a drift race car. It's got to pass tec to be safe or your not allowed on the track.
He's a great guy to chat with on his projects.

How are the calipers hydraulically connected? Does it have a "T" or a "Y" connected to 2 hydraulic lines? What happens when you bleed one caliper at a time if there is air in the opposite caliper?
He's got one caliper set to a hydraulic handbrake that he's going to use for drift racing (not sure I think that is the smartest plan in a RWD car, but whatever). He talked about using a T-fitting to split them both off the main brake system though.

He said for the second one, you wanted to use a passenger caliper on the driver's side and vice versa, so that the bleed screws were up on both calipers.

When hi per cars run dual calp,how to they hook it up I'm guessing a t fitting. Why don't someone contact him for the answer your seeking.

I'll ask him, since I've contacted him on other matters concerning his Mazda truck.

It would be great if Chris would join this website. He would be very helpful here. Maybe somebody could contact him, and send a link to this thread?
I've contacted Chris's on u tube and gave him our link. I've explained how I've been his subscriber for 2/3 years and posted many of his ideas head done on his Mazda truck to my aerostar and posted them here. And there were a few questions the fourm had about the brake conversion.
I hope he responds every time he has posted something on u tube and I've asked a question he has answered me.

Were did this link go I posted it in the aerostar fourm and did not see it. Has it been moved.

This thread was moved into the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury section when it was started because it's about a brake modification on a Ford Mustang.
I understand but I felt owners with poor stopping power on aerostar might like better braking that's why I posted it here. I contacted him on u tube and don't want him to thing I scared him if he responds with the link.

Back