duck boat | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

duck boat

99stocksport

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
i know i wont have it ready for this season, but i am thinking about using an old jon boat as a duck hunting boat. i was wondering if any of yall have ever painted a boat with a "camo" theme, and how i should go about doing it?

thanks

davis

<

MountaineerGreen

Towing Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
North East Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 F150 4x4
It gets done often in my area- use etching primer on the aluminum or the paint won't last any time at all. Your theme should be dependent on where you hunt- timber, field, etc.

<

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
I've probably spent more time in a duck blind then I can remember. This was on Maryland's Chesapeake bay. We used to cover the boat with old Burlap rags. Worked great. Now this was when we pulled the boat up into the reeds and then hunted out of the Blind. I really miss those days on a cold Nov. day with a Nor eastern churning up the bay and those Redheads and Canvasbacks pithing into your blocks. The Black labs and Chesies getting so excited when you started shooting and that wonderful sight as they leaped into that water on your command.

<

99stocksport

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
yea, weve got about 7 days till season starts down here...i really cant wait. me and my buddies have been calling each other about every other day to make sure no one has forgotten its almost time

<