• Register Today It's free!

Dumper

dsdueck

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt Aerostar All-wheel
Howdy, I am a 96/97 Ford Aerostar xlt All Wheel drive owner. I also owned an 89 extended xl Aerostar. I love them for all the things I can do with them (hauling people,cargo,sleeping inside,etc). I have done some modifications such as, 15" wheels (from Ranger), custom Catback exhaust, electric fans for radiator (dc and ac). The reason I say my van is an 96/97 is that it was built at the end of the 96 model run, so Ford put a 5 speed automatic and several other 97 upgrades on it and even put a 97 owners manual in the glovebox. I bought it in 1999 as a salvage vehicle from a guy who restored Aerostars. It had been only 2 years old in Washington State when it was totaled in an accident. It was brought to the L.A. salvage market and went through 3 shops before I bought it for $8300. I did completely check it out before I bought it, as I am an experienced mechanic. I am looking to try to eventually replace it with a 2005 or newer 4 wheel drive Expedition, as this seems to be the only vehicle that will do all the things my Aerostar could do.

Back