• Register Today It's free!

Dumper

dsdueck

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt Aerostar All-wheel
Howdy, I am a 96/97 Ford Aerostar xlt All Wheel drive owner. I also owned an 89 extended xl Aerostar. I love them for all the things I can do with them (hauling people,cargo,sleeping inside,etc). I have done some modifications such as, 15" wheels (from Ranger), custom Catback exhaust, electric fans for radiator (dc and ac). The reason I say my van is an 96/97 is that it was built at the end of the 96 model run, so Ford put a 5 speed automatic and several other 97 upgrades on it and even put a 97 owners manual in the glovebox. I bought it in 1999 as a salvage vehicle from a guy who restored Aerostars. It had been only 2 years old in Washington State when it was totaled in an accident. It was brought to the L.A. salvage market and went through 3 shops before I bought it for $8300. I did completely check it out before I bought it, as I am an experienced mechanic. I am looking to try to eventually replace it with a 2005 or newer 4 wheel drive Expedition, as this seems to be the only vehicle that will do all the things my Aerostar could do.

Welcome to this forum! Post some pictures of these modifications. We have an Aerostar section on this site. The link is in my signature.

Back