Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

$3000 doesn't seem too high to me for someone who truly does have the ability and intention to produce them. Not sure what the profit margin would be but I'd imagine it would take five or six to start seeing profit. Just a guess. I have no skin in the game since I don't own an applicable Ex, but I would love to see more 3rd Gens 6" higher.

$1500 seems really optimistic, though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$3000 doesn't seem too high to me for someone who truly does have the ability and intention to produce them. Not sure what the profit margin would be but I'd imagine it would take five or six to start seeing profit. Just a guess. I have no skin in the game since I don't own an applicable Ex, but I would love to see more 3rd Gens 6" higher.

$1500 seems really optimistic, though.

Positive Ride lead fabricator and machinist Travis Jecker worked for Hill4WheelDrive for a number of years and still makes/sells lift kits for a few different model Chevys. I've already discussed it with him and he says he can for sure make it happen.

How many of you would be interested at $2000? I'm not even trying to make a profit on these so much as I want one for my explorer and need to know how many I'm going to need to have made to sell and pay for mine, haha.

Have you discussed materials with your builder? I'd love to see these for even 2k BUT I cant help bt imagine there's a lot of material and labor to make the kit... Just hate to see ppl interested at one price then it keeps going up and nobody can afford it or want it...
I would put a lot of time into a cost. Idk how it'd cost duner 3k to make it and you half. I'd love to see it but am somewhat skeptical...(im get mass production)

Duner I'd really like to see some flex shots.....maybe even with sway bars disconnected....I know the oe struts don't flex much...
I think it looks badass but my rig is all go no show...

Oh man. If he could get together with someone like BTF and make long travel upper and lower a-arms for all four corners along with the kit, then that would be badass. Our rigs would be perfect for Baja or at least Baja ready.
But I know if that happened, then it would be a lot more than $3k.
Just a thought. :)

Oh man. If he could get together with someone like BTF and make long travel upper and lower a-arms for all four corners along with the kit, then that would be badass. Our rigs would be perfect for Baja or at least Baja ready.
But I know if that happened, then it would be a lot more than $3k.
Just a thought. :)

That would be a 12-$15,000 setup at the very minimum not including shocks.

He's not interested in producing these kits which is why he's selling the CAD files for $3000. Sorry for trying to see this kit actually make it to production. :rolleyes:

No duh where have you been we all know that... Id just prefer doing my business with the man behind the curtain, I respect his ideas and choices but prefer to pay the man what he is owed for the intensive engineering and time put into it...

Uhhhh he's the one who started the thread so he's been here the whole time...he's clarifying it smartass.

dur dur dur I was anticipating most people would understand my sarcasm... Hes also the one trying to take someones product and promote it himself, may I note the first price of 1500 by the OP and now he has upped it to 2000... How can you set a price without having the prints or the resources and time figured out?

dur dur dur I was anticipating most people would understand my sarcasm... Hes also the one trying to take someones product and promote it himself, may I note the first price of 1500 by the OP and now he has upped it to 2000... How can you set a price without having the prints or the resources and time figured out?

I want to actually see these made so I'm gauging board interest to see if I think it would even be worth my time. I'm not giving a definitive price although I can see how this thread might be misleading without the posts in the other thread to put it into context. There was a few pages of posts in the Double SAS thread that were deleted that prompted me to make this thread.

If someone else wants to step up to the plate and see these through to production I've got plenty of other things I could be doing.

I think I am going to step up to the plate. I just found out yesterday that the job opportunitity fell through that was going to make me travel. That is why I couldnt take this any further. I have been contacting vendors and am getting ready to file for a patent next week on the lift so all my hard work stays mine. I also have some new ideas that will make this kit even better. I will be working on offering it cheaper by selling it raw metal (no powdercoat) this will knock some costs off without sacrificing quality anywhere. I will have more on this soon. I will keep everyone posted

Fr0st- thanks for your offer and stuff to help. I appreciate your willing to help me with this. I may contact you later for some web design sometime when I am ready. I think you do an exeptional job.

I think I am going to step up to the plate. I just found out yesterday that the job opportunitity fell through that was going to make me travel. That is why I couldnt take this any further. I have been contacting vendors and am getting ready to file for a patent next week on the lift so all my hard work stays mine. I also have some new ideas that will make this kit even better. I will be working on offering it cheaper by selling it raw metal (no powdercoat) this will knock some costs off without sacrificing quality anywhere. I will have more on this soon. I will keep everyone posted

Fr0st- thanks for your offer and stuff to help. I appreciate your willing to help me with this. I may contact you later for some web design sometime when I am ready. I think you do an exeptional job.

:thumbsup:
Sorry about job... Glad to hear your patenting it SMART MOVE

I was going to suggest patenting but looks like the man himself beat me to it. Smart move man. :thumbsup:
Just don't get burt out on it like Roadbully did with his spacer builds. I think you are doing a great job and I hope to do business with you down the road.

Awesome! well not awesome the job fell through if you wanted to take it... But cant wait to do business with you!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am going to work my tail off to try to get this out before summer

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am going to work my tail off to try to get this out before summer

Sounds great! may i suggest laser cutting an emblem or perhaps "Duner" in the front cross member to mark it as yours? like what rancho and others do...

Sounds great! may i suggest laser cutting an emblem or perhaps "Duner" in the front cross member to mark it as yours? like what rancho and others do...
Yea, I may do that

Thanks

Are you going to have a website up for us to purchase and to see all the details like what's included and how to write ups?
I agree that you should put your name or an emblem signifying that it's yours on the product, kind of like how Rize does theirs.

I just got new rims and tires. I don't think they would be big enough for a 6 inch lift. What are the advantages of a lift like this vs just a spacer lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got new rims and tires. I don't think they would be big enough for a 6 inch lift. What are the advantages of a lift like this vs just a spacer lift?

Twice the amount of lift with less stress on your suspension components

Back