Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

I might be interested if my truck would handle better then it does now with the spacer lift. Too bad I just got new tires. Would a good guess on price be around $3000? What would all be included in the lift? I was going to get new springs and struts soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be interested if my truck would handle better then it does now with the spacer lift. Too bad I just got new tires. Would a good guess on price be around $3000? What would all be included in the lift? I was going to get new springs and struts soon

Even 3K would seem too low, remember you'll need new A-arms on all corners. Better/longer struts for more travel, longer steering links, extended brake lines, new upper/lower ball joints, and etc... Not to make anyone walk away from this kit if its made. I would love too buy it, and will if its made. But if your going to do this, you need to start with some new/upgraded parts. I like the idea that I can add value/use to my explorer this way. If this kit comes out, I can see it turning the 3rd gens into a new beast.

I think I am going to step up to the plate. I just found out yesterday that the job opportunitity fell through that was going to make me travel. That is why I couldnt take this any further. I have been contacting vendors and am getting ready to file for a patent next week on the lift so all my hard work stays mine. I also have some new ideas that will make this kit even better. I will be working on offering it cheaper by selling it raw metal (no powdercoat) this will knock some costs off without sacrificing quality anywhere. I will have more on this soon. I will keep everyone posted

Fr0st- thanks for your offer and stuff to help. I appreciate your willing to help me with this. I may contact you later for some web design sometime when I am ready. I think you do an exeptional job.

Sorry to hear about your job but I'm glad to hear they'll make it to production. I'm making pretty good money right now so if I don't end up trading in the ex for a new wrangler I'll probably be picking up a kit as well. :thumbsup:

Let me know when it comes time for a website, I'm sure we could work something out.

UPDATE: I am now working with a manufacture to build the kits. I have a few things to finalize(LLC, insurance, patent) when these are finished being processed I will be able to take preorders for 5 to 10 kits. I am working on a final price and think I can get it in the $2200-$2400 range plus shipping. I am having lift spindles added to the kit instead of upper control arms on the front so that is why I couldnt get to $2000. This kit should be fully released by early summer.

very nice!

will the rear frame hoop need to be c-notched to allow for upward travel of the CVs?

will the new front lift spindles move the lower control arm ball joint and tie rod ends upward also?

1. Should not have to notch the frame.
2. The new spindle will lower with the lower control arm along with the drop brackets. This way the stock uppers or BTF uppers can be able to be used.

2. The new spindle will lower with the lower control arm along with the drop brackets. Ths way the stock uppers or BTF uppers can be able to be used.

I think that is one of the biggest pieces of info that people were looking for,

Got my quotes in from the fab shops and have some final details to finish up. I should be having a kit made soon to get to someone to run through and install.

I am about to move here in a month or two, but count me in more towards the end of the summer!

Got my quotes in from the fab shops and have some final details to finish up. I should be having a kit made soon to get to someone to run through and install.

Really happy to hear these are in production!!! You should give the first install one away for free so a thread can be written up and it can be tested. And since I came up with the idea I should get it :D I'd beat the sh*t out of my Ex to test it :burnout:

Any word on when these will be ready?

Please somebody help me out. I'm looking for a lift on a 05 ex xlt. I'm having no luck. Is there anything new available?

Please somebody help me out. I'm looking for a lift on a 05 ex xlt. I'm having no luck. Is there anything new available?

Lots of info on lifts for your truck on this forum. Requires a bit of research on your part though. Go to the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum and look at the sticky threads. Read through everything that applies, read it again, and if you still have questions, post them in one of those threads, or send a pm to one of the users who has done the lift you want. :salute:

I am very intrested in this aswell. Exactly what all is included in this kit? Duner your X looks soo sick by the way.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am very intrested in this aswell. Exactly what all is included in this kit? Duner your X looks soo sick by the way.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't hold your breath bro....

So is this completely dead? Waiting on a patent?whats goin on ive been gone a few months...

if it is still available i am willing to pay for duners lift kit, im in australia but i can fed ex it :), please finish the build, i can not wait for it, it will look awesome on these explorers! :)

Its 2015, any updates on duners kit? I would love to know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nothing ever came of it, he got busy with other stuff and it never made it to production. I tried to strike a deal with him to have them fabricated but he wasn't interested.

Back