• Register Today It's free!

Dutchiessocials Explorer ST PHEV

don_her

Reaction score
City, State
Noord Holland
Year, Model & Trim Level
22 Ford Explorer ST PHEV
Well guys... After more than 10 months, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

My Explorer ST PHEV (only model available in the Netherlands) finally got released by Ford to my dealer after being held at the Antwerp harbor for over 4 months, waiting on roofrails of all things....

My dealer sent the car through the friends of mine at frst.nl who will be placing the first mods before i take delivery of my car.

The exhaust will be replaced with a Borla ATAK system (designed speficially for the PHEV models!) The grill will be replaced with a 'raptor' grille and they will put a coating on the paintwork.

Then the car will go back to the dealer, get it's plates etc and i can take delivery. First gonna drive it for about 1500-2500km, and then back for more mods. While the guys at frst.nl are switching over the grille they will take measurements and pics for the guys at Whipple to make sure the mega cooler will fit in the PHEV model as it has some extra stuff under the hood. If it'll fit i want to go for the mega cooler and get it tuned. With that, it should provide great numbers as stock it's already at 457hp / 825nm (608lb/ft)

Rims will follow next year when it's time for new summer tires. Also thinking about catted downpipes and got my eye on a raptor hood (would be a great place to set some NOS vents: P) as well and small stuff like catch can, swaybar, strutbrace, perhaps lower it a little bit with the Steeda springs etc. Not sure yet about a BOV, used to have it on my WRX but this is a different style/"class" of car so not sure if it's 'fitting' to do it on this one. Also am thinking about covering the dash and doorpanels with leather.

After that... well, we'll see, i'd like bigger turbo's but that would mean upgrading the tranny and brakes.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-04 at 14.17.17.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-10-04 at 14.28.49.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-10-04 at 14.28.50.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-10-04 at 14.28.51(1).jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats!

I had to zoom in on the white tape. I thought it was painted two tone and I liked the contrast. LOL

Congrats!

I had to zoom in on the white tape. I thought it was painted two tone and I liked the contrast. LOL
Thnx! And no lol, they use different coating on the painted vs non painted parts :)

Classy Cover for a very Cool Car....... Congratulations!

First run done, just stomp & go. Not too shabby i think for a car that's still basically stock. (Only Borla exhaust so far)

Screenshot_20221030-110155_dragy.jpg

Back