• Register Today It's free!

DVD Head Rest Install

Shomare

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 AWD XLT
I spent a good part of the day today putting on accessories. As I was cleaning up I opened up the boxes that the DVD / Head Rest came in and found a bunch of unused parts.

There are plastic bits that look like they were made to encase and protect the wires and foam with peel and stick on it.

As I looked under the seat, I found wires dangling. I can't help but think the installer at the dealership missed a step?!

Anyone know where I can get the installation instructions to find out where this stuff goes?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the DVD headrests are not Ford OEM, the remaining parts could be for other makes/models of cars that require different or additional pieces. The parts may not apply to your Explorer.

" wires dangling". I would take right back to dealer!

Yeah, I've about had it with this dealership. They have screwed up too many times in the past and continue to do so. I was about to put in an order for the new Focus ST and at this point, I have no confidence in the dealerships ability to deliver the car without incident, nor can I speak highly of their service department which makes every effort to correct errors when they make them, which they do frequently. Dealership is 40 miles away so going there is a PITA.

Did I mention that they forgot to install the DVD headrests for delivery and the car had to go back in for this install.

I have the OEM Ford Invision LT Series installation instruction PDF. If you PM me with an email I will send them to you.

Thanks for the offer. PM sent

Thanks to sgt1411i was able to view the install instructions. Looks like the didn't install the parts that keep the wires from unplugging from one another. When I looked at the wires it seems that the tech may have used shrink covering instead. Can't tell for sure.

Back