• Register Today It's free!

dvd player install 98 sport

bmxbiker48

Reaction score
City, State
ri
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer 2dr sport
i have a 1998 explorer sport and i neeed 2 kno how to remove my factory cd player and install my new pyle in-dash receiver/dvd player...
thanks

ps also how do i ground the dvd player so i can play dvds while driving?
any pictures would HELP

THANK YOUUUU:exp:

i have a 1998 explorer sport and i neeed 2 kno how to remove my factory cd player and install my new pyle in-dash receiver/dvd player...
thanks

ps also how do i ground the dvd player so i can play dvds while driving?
any pictures would HELP

THANK YOUUUU:exp:

Do you have the removal tools for ford radios? They go into the two holes on either side of the radio. If you don't, small allen heads work pretty good, and I believe tiny screwdrivers. As far as grouding it, it might be as simple as grounding it out, or you might need to put it on a switch like my jensen would need cause it needs to see two pulses of ground for 2 secs. Or you might be lucky and they have an override code for the unit, that's what I ended up doing on my jensen instead of the switch.

no i dont have any tools im new 2 this how would i approach it?

no i dont have any tools im new 2 this how would i approach it?

the special took to get it out can be bought at wal-mart for like 4 bucks I think. Just look for ford radio removal tool, something along those lines. I would try that first, everything after that is pretty easy, but finding stuff to take it out when you don't have many tools really gets annoying.. lol

Back