• Register Today It's free!

Dynamat to stop squeeks?

spotdog14

Reaction score
City, State
East Lansing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I have somehow lost the "dust" cover that goes between the interior panel and the door/hatch on a few of my doors, drivers front and the rear hatch. They are really rattling and squeaking. Would dynamat work to take care of the squeaks?

Or what, i am open to suggestions, thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would say replace the friction tabs first (the plastic screw like clips), they will be no doubt much cheaper, dynamat is more for road noise not rattling

Adding mass to anything will require more effort to move it. So yes, adding Dynamat or any sound deadener for that matter should help. But, you should fix why the panel is moving in the first place, before you try to cover it up.

Get a cherrybomb. Then you cant hear the squeaks, or anything else for that matter.

Get a cherrybomb. Then you cant hear the squeaks, or anything else for that matter.

i usually just turn the radio up...hahah. But i have had a few co workers in my explorer recently and i was somewhat embarrassed by all the noise. I did track down one squeak though, its in the headliner right behind the sunroof, only squeaks when the roof is open.

Back