Dyno on ATP ugpraded turbo for transverse V6 Ecoboost 563HP/598TQ 23PSI | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dyno on ATP ugpraded turbo for transverse V6 Ecoboost 563HP/598TQ 23PSI

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
Took the car down and we started trying to tune it myself (with a friend's help), we ran into an issue with not knowing how to change to 3 bar map sensor but we'll figure that out tomorrow. I used Torrie's tune I had in the car previously and adjusted fueling in the aux injector controller. The first pull the ECU limited the torque to 500 and boost to 15PSI. The car rewarded us on 15psi at 505 HP!!!! 15 PSI!!!!! I knew it felt fast but HEY!
You can see the car limiting the torque to 500 FLAT as a pancake.

2013-09-24+20.06.42.jpg

http://youtu.be/W-DGoA-COYM

In my previous dyno's I knew that if I unhooked the factory boost controller that I could get more boost so we did that. The car rewarded us with 23PSI on wastegate spring.

The car has another 5-10PSI available to it once I get everything figured out. We rolled into the throttle at 3K RPM and got a nice pull.

http://youtu.be/9KWNQ7i-F-E

2013-09-24+20.14.42.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty impressive, is this on a AWD dyno or just running the front tires?

Impressive numbers, what was the wheel HP? I'm very impressed with the gains and work you putting into the R&D.

23 lbs of boost and planning for 5-10 psi more?! holy cow! lol

AWD dyno. I don't know what the WHP, I can look tonight when we do some more tuning.
Yup, bring on the boost!

Damn! Those are some nice numbers for a quick tune. Looking forward to seeing what she does once you get the kinks worked out.

e85 right? Do you have any fuel upgrades? Pumps or injectors (not sure they have any injectors for this yet or fuel pumps). Whats your AFR like?

This is E85 with dual in tank pumps and 6 auxiliary injectors controlled by SplitSec AIC1 controller.
AFR was 10.9 across the board.
I'm trying to get Pro EFI to build me a piggyback that will control timing, boost and aux fueling. I need boost per gear control. :)

I'm working with a friend and we're trying to tune it ourself on SCT software. It's overwhelming to say the least....

I'd be all over these if there was a less invasive fueling solution and someone willing to tune it...

I'd be all over these if there was a less invasive fueling solution and someone willing to tune it...
You could run these turbos on a stock fueling system. I'll put the car stock and dyno it soon with no aux fueling.

You could run these turbos on a stock fueling system. I'll put the car stock and dyno it soon with no aux fueling.

It won't come near it's potential though. What is the flow rate on those new turbos?

I was told that these can flow around 34lb/min each.
Stock Turbine
-Wheel Inducer: 40mm
-Housing: .64 ar
-

Stock Compressor
-Wheel Inducer: 36.3mm
-Wheel Exducer: 49mm

Upgraded +2 Turbine
-Wheel Inducer: 50mm
-Wheel Exducer: 43.5mm
-Range: New Series GT Journal Bearing
-

Upgraded +2 Compressor
-Wheel Inducer: 43.4mm
-Wheel Exducer: 56mm
-Range: New Series GT Journal Bearing

You can see the car limiting the torque to 500 FLAT as a pancake.

2013-09-24+20.06.42.jpg

you can defintely tell those turbos spin up quick too; alot of computer fighting/tuning is getting those spikes early in the rev range; smooth that out and that will be a brutal motor...I want to trade my XLT in!

What is the end goal and at what power point will the transfer case or whatever the issue is on limiting power take over?

I don't have an end goal other than being able to go to Drag Week next year and be a top placer in the street driven division. :)

I don't have an end goal other than being able to go to Drag Week next year and be a top placer in the street driven division. :)

Heard that, what type of numbers does the quirky AWD become a issue and reduce power or whatever it does? I know i read at some point it causes a bog until power drops off to not damage it something to that affect. Unless i miss read something which is always possible.

I just want to point out that this puts Mike around 700hp/750tq at the crank very conservatively. That is huge.

I'm working on a couple of ways to overcome the AWD controller trying to save itself. We'll see which works. :)

Back