Dynomax Catback is only $55 right now | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dynomax Catback is only $55 right now

Freshmeat

Reaction score
City, State
Denham Springs, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger STX SC
Through Summit the kit is $130 for four-doors and $120 for two-doors. Dynomax is offering a $75 rebate for the systems purchased between 5/1/09 and 8/30/09. That means you only have through this weekend to order it. Mine is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

If you've been thinking about upgrading your exhaust, now is the time to do it!

Sorry to post this in tech, mods, but I wanted to get the word out to the others who post here in case someone else wanted to do it, too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow thats awesome thats half the price of just their muffler normally

Definitely. I'd actually seen the promotion before but was thinking we were already in September when I was looking at the dates. Otherwise I'd have ordered this a month ago.

I bought one too! My truck needs a new and improved exhaust so I figured it'd be a good idea to take advantage of this rebate.

Wher did you find this info, because i looked on Summit didnt see it? I even added to cart thinking it would discount, but didnt. I have a 99 sport SOHC, is there a link...?

It said it on the item description for the exhaust system. It's a $75 mail-in rebate, not instant discount.

anyone with first gens here care to post a video of how the system sounds? i might grab one for my 94.

Which muffler was it for?

I don't have the cat back "system" but have 2.25" pipe from the cat into the 2.25" SI/SO Superturbo muffler then dumped. It's nice, deep and not hollow sounding like the flowmaster. I have a vid but all you can hear is my fan. I'll take a better one tonight when I get home.

Which muffler was it for?

I don't have the cat back "system" but have 2.25" pipe from the cat into the 2.25" SI/SO Superturbo muffler then dumped. It's nice, deep and not hollow sounding like the flowmaster. I have a vid but all you can hear is my fan. I'll take a better one tonight when I get home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqyvWlN3R-s

yea, the fan makes it sound supercharged lol.

i might just throw it in. I'll just use my existing new pipes from a few months ago when I did the exhaust and throw the dynomax super turbo in. I believe its a dynomax 17697.

i had a dynomax 17730 on there last year when my stock one rottedout. I had it sitting around from my old pulsar. It was quite loud, but I didn't ever finish it because it was a super small muffler and I never did the tailpipe.

Got my rebate back in 2 weeks, Thats fast.
Can you send me the information on where you sent the receipt? I can't find it now and need to send it by Friday, as I'm leaving for Mexico Saturday and likely won't remember to send it in once I get back in a week and a half.

Never mind- I found it. Need to get this sent in.

Totally forgot about this...:eek: I just went out and did it.

You can hear it in this one pretty good, although the best part of this video is Bkennedy and RangerX saying "Yeaaahhh..." :D

That's pretty quiet for an invisible exhaust system.

Did you use some kind of light bending technology so it appears there's no rear exhaust pipe, or changed it to dump in front of the rear axle?

Unfortunately video camera microphones and computer speakers do a poor job of reproducing the bassy deepness of the Super Turbo.

Got mine put on my truck yesterday. It sounds good. Like everyone says, it's not much louder than stock but there is a slight growl at low rpm. I wasn't a fan of the tip so I had a different tip welded on.

All in all, good purchase. Just waiting on the rebate.

Thats the way I want mine to sound when I finially get er running, and the Dynamax cat back installed that I bought.

Guys, take my advice and don't gut the cats. It sounds like garbage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back