• Register Today It's free!

e-brake hook up for flipscreen?

99 slow poke

Reaction score
City, State
levittown,p.a.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer xls
how the hell do you install the e brake wire to the e brake it self? every thing works but when i go to put on a dvd it says i need to hook up my e brake. does any one have maybe some pics or suggestions.

thanks DON

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just put the e-brake wire on ANY ground... That should allow you to watch movie's whenever you want

Depending on the manufacturer you can just ground it or some of the newer units require a series of steps to get the screen to come on. This can be accomplished with a toggle switch to ground. It should be in the manual somewhere.

I got the e brake hooked up and it works, how do i over ride it with a toggle switch? sorry guys thsi is my first flip screen. I have a toggle switch , can some one walk me threw the steps for the bypass?

thanks Don

The wire on the ebrake is just a ground. You could have grounded it behind the head unit. The toggle switch is for the more advanced units that cannot be turned on by simply grounding the wire.

my unit can't be grounded to just anything. I bought it from crutchfield and there tech told me i could use a switch but wasn't allowed to tell me how. for my unit to work i have to step on my e brake twice and then the unit comes on. so if you think the toggle will work letme know how please.

thanks Don

Darn man, is the model of your unit a secret?

I used a PAC TR-7 to bypass mine. You have to connect like 5 wires but it works great! I never play DVD's though.

Can't help you until you tell me the unit you have.

Not no secret it was a jensen vm9312 , but my truck was robbed last night it doesn't matter any more. my ex has beenrobbed twice in six month in two different states. Ill be back on here after insurance takes care of everything.

keep an eye on your **** because of these pieces of sh**t out here that would rather steal then be a real man and work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys for the info i'm sue ill be asking more ?'s when i get my new system.

what do you'll think is the best car alarm set up out there?

Not no secret it was a jensen vm9312 , but my truck was robbed last night it doesn't matter any more. my ex has beenrobbed twice in six month in two different states. Ill be back on here after insurance takes care of everything.

keep an eye on your **** because of these pieces of sh**t out here that would rather steal then be a real man and work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys for the info i'm sue ill be asking more ?'s when i get my new system.

what do you'll think is the best car alarm set up out there?

Thats why I had my 2-way alarm installed before I purchased my radio. My Python is okay but I'm sure there are some experts out there who can recommend something better.

Back