• Register Today It's free!

E3 Diamon Fire plugs

joemiranda

Reaction score
City, State
North Ga Mountains
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Limited
Just changed the plugs in my explorer and used E3 Diamond fire plugs. What a difference! Better fuel mileage better throttle response. All around best money I have spent. Check em out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thinking about it, also waiting to hear how those Pulstar plugs work out for Zerodevil.

Where can you get these and how much $$.

STU

stuartr i got mine from oreillys but i think pepboys sells them too.

limited02 i have never heard of those plugs. are they supposed to be good?

Limited02, everyone I've known who have used Pulstar say they are junk. No proven increase in performance with them. Check the internet there are a lot of reviews on them. Most show about a .5% increase in hp and about a 5-10% decrease in mpg.

As for the E3's.. I'm still on the fence about them. Some people say they are the best thing since sliced bread, but the only evidence I've seen is an advertising segment on HP TV. The manufacturers claim a 2% hp increase on a 350 motor with them.

You can feel the difference. I'm the type that is very weird about trying new things on my vehicle. I have gone months with thinking and studying so I just gave it a shot. I am not disappointed at all.

I'd still like to see atleast a 6 month blind test on both brand new stock plugs and the e3's.

If someone needs to replace their plugs I can take a stock plug, put a fancy name on it, guarantee performance increase and deliver those results.

I almost bought the E3s myself about a year ago. Now that money is tighter, I'd have to see proof.

You can feel the difference. I'm the type that is very weird about trying new things on my vehicle. I have gone months with thinking and studying so I just gave it a shot. I am not disappointed at all.

How bad were your stock plugs to begin with? If they were worn and fouling out, then any new plug should make a difference. I too have a hard time believing that plugs like that would benefit enough to justify the price difference. But if your happy with how they turned out, then that's all that matters.

I will need to by a few different plugs and have a dyno tune done with James Henson this summer and see if there really is any gain.

The Pulstars I have heard run nearly $25 a pop, WAY more than I would even care to spend. So I will wait for someone else to burn the dough and tell us their results:D

E3's and wires

Just ordered a set of E3's and a set of JBA 9mm plug wires from Summit Racing. The plugs were 5.99 a piece and the wires were 54 for the set. I'll let everyone know what i see out of em!:thumbsup:

I have Bosch platinum +4 and a set of MSD ignition wires and have better throttle response and a slight gain in HP.

I have coil packs so I can't get the upgraded plug wires. I know MSD makes coil packs but I'm not sure if they make them for the ex. I'm looking into a rear mount turbo for the ex. It will make it pretty sick.

As far as the plugs I put what the factory had in it and it just didn't seem right so I went with the E3's and can def tell a difference.

Back