• Register Today It's free!

e3 spark plugs

techfreak16

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XL
anyone tried those new(ish) E3 spark plugs?? If so please tell us of your pros/cons, or tell us how they work for you in your exploder. I had sum in my civic and it didnt agree with them at ALL lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had them in my 98 OHV, and they worked fine, no issues, not much on gains either.

and does anyone else have issues with bosch platinum plus series plugs? my x seems to run like crap when they are used...just stick to autolite? or any suggestions with a good experience? thx again!

and does anyone else have issues with bosch platinum plus series plugs?

Use one or both of the SEARCH tools on the archives and you'll find plenty of nightmare stories about Bosch plugs in our applications.

Stick with Motorcraft or Autolite. Chi chi aftermarket plugs offer no benefits and OEM works best in our rides.

The OEM spec is Motorcraft Platinum. In ALL my 4.0L/5.0L motors I have only had good luck with Motorcraft or Autolite Platinums or Double Platinums. Anything else has cost MORE money and MORE headaches.

Ryan

i got the motorcraft plugs but i got the bosch wireset are those good?

i got the motorcraft plugs but i got the bosch wireset are those good?

The bosch wires are considered better then the "store brand" wires, also heard bad things on here about the Autolite wires often haveing a bad wire in the pack, but the PO put autolite on mine and they seem fine....

Pretty much, bosch was a so so wire, some problems and many ok stories. When it comes to plugs and wires if it was me...Motocraft.

We have put the E3's in:
V-10 in the CruiseMaster = increase in mileage and in performance (from 8 to 11mpg)
4.6 in the Expedition = increase in performance ( causing lead foot issue!)
5.4 in the F-250 = increase in performance and mileage
4.0 in the Explorer = increase in performance

So far we are quite happy with the E3's

Back