• Register Today It's free!

E85 in a Ecoboost Flex? YES!

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
This directly relates to your motors guys, this mod would be a bolt on to an Explorer Sport V6.

I finished the install of the auxiliary fuel system this week. I've been chasing wiring gremlins but finally got it working correctly yesterday.
Details on the fuel system:
Walbro 255 pump, Magnafuel boost referenced FPR feeding 6x40lb injectors and a 1 gallon fuel cell.
50/50 E85/E10 91 octane in the main tank with E85 in the auxiliary 1 gallon tank.
I've installed a 3 bar map when we changed out the intake as well.
Torrie and I have been doing tune/log revisions and the car keeps getting faster and faster, Torrie feels there a ton more to be gotten out of the car now.
I can no longer floor it in first gear from a stop, the car just overpowers the stock tires...
Once we get the tune dialed in for this setup I am going to get a dyno done, then install the NEW TURBOS which I pick up this week. I plan to have a dyno done after the turbos are installed with no tuning changes to see the difference in boost.
BTW, it's 106+++ right now in Phoenix so we're doing all this when it's hot as heck out, if the car can survive this then when it's cold it should just be CRAZY.
Looks like I'll be needing to pick up some new tires soon....

Just a side note, the car can handle part throttle boosting via it's own fuel system with the E85 mix, it's only at WOT that the car has to close the throttle blade as it goes lean. This platform is very smart about saving itself from lean conditions. 10 years ago I would have blown 3 motors with the fueling issues I've been having as I sorted through the wiring/fueling gremlins this week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezmyhrNDYEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bSRBn_wwU
Car is MUCH faster than this video now, I'll do a 0-60 and 1/4 mile pull with Torque once we're done with tuning revisions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This directly relates to your motors guys, this mod would be a bolt on to an Explorer Sport V6.

I finished the install of the auxiliary fuel system this week. I've been chasing wiring gremlins but finally got it working correctly yesterday.
Details on the fuel system:
Walbro 255 pump, Magnafuel boost referenced FPR feeding 6x40lb injectors and a 1 gallon fuel cell.
50/50 E85/E10 91 octane in the main tank with E85 in the auxiliary 1 gallon tank.
I've installed a 3 bar map when we changed out the intake as well.
Torrie and I have been doing tune/log revisions and the car keeps getting faster and faster, Torrie feels there a ton more to be gotten out of the car now.
I can no longer floor it in first gear from a stop, the car just overpowers the stock tires...
Once we get the tune dialed in for this setup I am going to get a dyno done, then install the NEW TURBOS which I pick up this week. I plan to have a dyno done after the turbos are installed with no tuning changes to see the difference in boost.
BTW, it's 106+++ right now in Phoenix so we're doing all this when it's hot as heck out, if the car can survive this then when it's cold it should just be CRAZY.
Looks like I'll be needing to pick up some new tires soon....

Just a side note, the car can handle part throttle boosting via it's own fuel system with the E85 mix, it's only at WOT that the car has to close the throttle blade as it goes lean. This platform is very smart about saving itself from lean conditions. 10 years ago I would have blown 3 motors with the fueling issues I've been having as I sorted through the wiring/fueling gremlins this week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezmyhrNDYEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bSRBn_wwU
Car is MUCH faster than this video now, I'll do a 0-60 and 1/4 mile pull with Torque once we're done with tuning revisions

Great work is there any way to quiet the fuel pump hum?

Great work is there any way to quiet the fuel pump hum?
I could mount it differently, I'm looking at some options in the future BUT the mid term easiest plan is to be a TPS switch set to say 75% throttle so that it only comes on when floored, in that case the noise will be welcome.

I would be afraid that the pump might take a second to build pressure and you may not get full spray. I have no idea though, just thinking out loud.

I would be afraid that the pump might take a second to build pressure and you may not get full spray. I have no idea though, just thinking out loud.

Second pumps either activated by boost, throttle position, etc are very common anymore.. They are instant and then you don't have to run two pumps all the time. I run twin Aeromotive 340's on my 'Vette, second one is boost activated, comes on around 6psi.. :thumbsup:

OP, Nice progress, keep us updated. I am switching my car over from 91/ meth to E85..

getting quicker 4d !

the econobox sleeper :)

Back