Early fall? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!
    If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Early fall?

snocross1985

Explorer-less
Reaction score
City, State
Stratham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
Watched the weather today, saw it was only supposed to hit 67 degrees. Thought, wow, oddly cool day for August around here. Saw the 7 day forcast and there isn't supposed to be a day over 72 for the next week with tomorrow only hitting 65. Nights are already in the 40's, hitting low 30's in northern NH. Driving around today, leaves are starting to change color, got a few yellows and oranges starting to show. These are the conditions we usually see here in late September. I think this is the earliest I have ever seen these type of conditions here. Mom even commented on it and she has lived here her whole life. Anyone else getting any early fall weather?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

n3m3s1s

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Aviator 32v V8
you suck, we have a party every day it's below 100 here.
although it's kinda been raining off and on for a few days.
quite refreshing since one of our lakes is 9 feet low :eek:
another lake i see all the time is overgrown with grass and weeds.
kinda makes me want to take my explorer across it, hehe.

dtl 2k2 sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
yeah still above avg, here in washington dc. Although it's supposed to be mid 80's next week, so it's supposed to start to cool down finially. Love fall but hate the winter! Must make u feel refreshed in the mornings..

Dopler174

Official Welcome Committe
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4X4
I have a theory. Last year we didn't really have a winter in NC. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone had a real winter last year. I think that this year will make up for it. Here we didn't even get snow...Not once. It's going be a real real real cold winter. What do you think?

snocross1985

Explorer-less
Reaction score
City, State
Stratham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
Thats what I was wondering. Most of the country saw extreme heat about a month ago (I think that was how long ago it was). I think we may be in for an extreme winter.

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
Fall? Shoot, we have 3 more months of summer left. :p

Stang Girl

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Cobra R Clone
snocross1985 said:
Most of the country saw extreme heat about a month ago (I think that was how long ago it was).

http://www.findlocalweather.com/7DayOutlook/tx/bastrop.html

Friday...Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 101. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 100. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 100. South winds 5 mph increasing to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Monday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 90s.

Tuesday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s.

Wednesday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 90s. Lows in the lower 70s.

Thursday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 90s. Lows in the lower 70s.

Friday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 90s. Lows in the lower 70s.

Woo Hoo, cold front next week....highs in the upper 90's. :p And people mention rain? They even show a rain chance on here...yeah, whatever. :confused: We haven't seen rain since Froader and Section were here. :rolleyes:

However, this is normal for Texas and August. And like JamesT said, we will have summmer until Thanksgiving...have fall from Thanksgiving to Christmas...winter from Christmas to Valentine's Day, then it's Spring from that point on until May. :cool:

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
We had a rather cold and snowy winter last year here, and we've got temps in the 90's all this weekend...... looks like I'm messing things up again. :D

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
Same kind of thing happening around here too.... August weather is usually 90s during the day, 70s at night. Almost every day for the last month and a half, (save a single heat wave for about 4 days in the 90s) it's been roughly 80 during the day and low 60s and upper 50s at night. AMAZING weather for August! It's been pretty dry, but that's no surprise. Leaves are yellowing too, but I think that's more due to the lack of precipitation than the temps.

-Joe

snocross1985

Explorer-less
Reaction score
City, State
Stratham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
high here today was a whopping 65. It's actually supposed to rise to 72 tomorrow, then drop back down to 65 on Sunday.

SkanlaxJMO

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
its been maby mid to high 70's here
but dam would i love a long winter great days of doing donnuts and snomobieling...i love winter

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
its gettin cooler, and im doing my snow dance.

For those of you who are intrested, ill setup a webcam for this special event. ;)

Dopler174

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4X4
james t said:
Fall? Shoot, we have 3 more months of summer left. :p
Speak for yourself. Fall starts here around late September. Winter hits here about mid to late December. Springs hits late March.

old mechanic

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
R.I.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
I start winterizing my vehicles, property etc. in the first week in Sept. Then I sit back and watch all those that laughed at me scrambling to get it done while its cold or snowing out.

Dopler174

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4X4
old mechanic said:
I start winterizing my vehicles, property etc. in the first week in Sept. Then I sit back and watch all those that laughed at me scrambling to get it done while its cold or snowing out.
I love this guy. Everything you have to say, is true! HAHAHA! :thumbsup:

old mechanic

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
R.I.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
Dopler174 said:
I love this guy. Everything you have to say, is true! HAHAHA! :thumbsup:
----------------
Not according to my wife! :D

Dopler174

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4X4
Well guys, it's getting cooler around here. Just like I said. It rained finally for like three days then got kinda warm again. Now it's back to rain and getting cooler and cooler every night.

Stang Girl

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Cobra R Clone
Yesterday was the first day we hadn't hit the 90's or above. The news stated that we had 62 straight days of better than 90 degree weather, which in Texas, doesn't seem uncommon. However, the nearly 2 weeks of 100 degree weather totally sucked. :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Abom

Reaction score
City, State
Whitehorse, Yukon Territories
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 4X4
Up here in the Yukon our summer has sucked. Right now it's about 40 degrees F (6 celcius) outside, with the entire sky overcast. It's been like this for nearly a month now, below average temp, rainy, enough cloud cover that I was beginning to think we had a nuclear war and were in a nuclear fallout winter.

I'm just waiting for the snow now, I hope it snows early this year, so I can take the snowmobile out :D