• Register Today It's free!

Easiest way for a 2" drop?

JayDub

Reaction score
City, State
SOUTHSIDE HOU-TEX
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 4 Door
I was just wondering what the easiest way to lower my X about 2'' without spending more than 200-300 dollars. I was thinking an X-Spec Lowering kit, and then I guess a TT? Would that get it down 2 inches all around or should I go anouther way? Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i went with new leaf springs. 3''drop and 1'' block. and new front keys... that was a 4.5/4'' drop. but if your looking for 2'' get 2'' blocks for rear ( stock shocks r still good, keep them. they dont get shorter from the drop ) and TT the front. you can ride with bolts out for max drop with out ditching the factory keys, or key flip. and new front swaybar links ( 2'' shorter then stock ) front will not lower level do to the torsion bar differences. what everside is lower ( driver's side due to gas tank and driver ) crank back up to level, after you drive a few miles to settle them in place. and if you have the money go for a new rear sway bar. EE has them. pricey but deff worth it. without the sway bar an links, your looking at a wopping 30 dollar drop. well worth it, and handles great. i went down farther because it is no longer a daily driver, and im in the process of getting bags installed. any other questions feel free to ask. and welcome to the world of the lowered X.But your probbly going to want new front shocks, they do get shorter an can blow out. eddlebrock makes a nice drop shock for explorer. but are like 75 bucks a peice.

Thanks for all your help. do you happen to know of a site where I can get those 2" drops? I will be able to fit my 215/75 series with a 2" drop no problems right? Can I go 3" the same way you mentioned, if itll fit? Will it still be alright when I get my 20" rims with 45 series tires? Agagin, thanks for all your help.

Im planning on having my front end aligned next weeks. Should I wait till I get the 2" drop in there?

yes and wait for the alignment... i would get the camber kit. to make sure they can get the tires camber back in line. 25bucks at autozone. yes your stock tires will work well. and my summer rims work there 19's thats with like i said a 4.5/4 inch drop. so u wont have any roblems with the 20's i got the leaf springs and drop keys from www.airbagit.com $$370 to your door with shipping. well worth the money......

thanks for all your help. The drop kit is definatly next on my list of stuff to add (Right after a tranny rebuild)

As for the rear sway bar, should I go with the front too, or just the rear?

Back