• Register Today It's free!

East coast Wheeling this Sunday

HIX

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda 4.0 4x4 SuperCab
This will be in the Philly area. I am going to Pen-dell for some easy to moderate mud and dirt wheeling. It will provide challenges for modifieds while allowing stockers to go home w/out and body damage (EAGLE Dead Link Removed ). Anyway reply here if you want to come. I figure we will spend 4-5 hours here then head home to wash the rigs

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn I missed it. I was away from my PC all weekend. I would of loved to go and get my stocker dirty again. Next time ya go call me. I will bring the beer for afterwards. Great to hear that you can keep the truck. So when are you going to put the locker in?

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
If your not flyin
Your not tryin

NO, NO,NO!!!! THIS SUNDAY the 21st!

Yahoo!! Count me in. I don’t mind getting my stocker dirty or stuck. Were is this place located and when did you expect to get there? I have a friend who might be interested in going. (but he is not an early riser.) Does it cost anything?

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
If your not flyin
Your not tryin

The cost for this one time deal....free. I figure on getting there at 10:30. That means I get up at 10 head out the door. It is north east of philly

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

Doggone it!!

I've been looking to go off the pavement somewhere in the east half of the US for a while. But, my sister's coming into town from Florida this weekend, so I guess I'll miss this one. I'm in Ohio, so keep us posted as to when you'll have a run in Central PA, Southern OH, or Tennessee. I'm still pretty much stock, but I do need to practice a bit before May!! Hopefully, I'll be able to join ya'll for a weekend run sometime soon.

------------------
Tom

hey there hix!
is this the same location you went to last time? if not, gimme directions to the new place, i might be able to make it this time....i wouldn't mind puting the stocker through a few easy runs......

eric

Yo!Finally some interest in wheeling in the eastern states! I live South Jersey..it would only take me about 30 minutes to there...but cant make it this weekend..Lets try it again...Anyone interested in a Pine Barrons run?

See ya, Jim
91XLT 2.5"W/31'S

OK here is the plan. I will meet EAGLE and anyone from the south philly/jersey area at the Sunoco at 12th and Vine in Philly at 10am. We will then go meet torture in his neighborhood near Pen-dell.

Pine Barrens? Just give a date (preferrably a sunday) and I'll be there

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

Hey gtmazz,
A Piney run sounds fine to me. You can count me in for one. I have heard that the Pine Barron’s are not that interesting. How about we make it a little more challenging and what for some snow on the ground? Just a thought. Ofcourse anything is challenging for a stocker.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
If your not flyin
Your not tryin

Hix:
I don't have your email address anymore...send it to me @ elitchendorf@primavera.com and I'll send you my phone number......as I said, I can probably make it, but you might want to call me sun morning to confirm. I don't want you waiting for me unnecessarily.....

Eric

It is off route 1 a mile or 2 from I-95. If you know the area tell me where you want to met and I'll lead it from there.

Hey HIX and Tourture
I can meet you at the same exit off of 76. What was that exits name… Green Line or something? 10-oclock sounds fine. Maybe next time Tom Wilk.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
If your not flyin
Your not tryin

Yahoo!! this trip just seems to get better and better. My cousin just called and he will be joining us. He will be in his stocker. I hear the weather is supposed to be nice as well. Hey HIX is that Sunoco the same gas station I meet you at before? Was the exit 36?

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
If your not flyin
Your not tryin

No, Go on 95 to 676(vine Street Expressway) and Exit on vine streen. It is at the intersection of Vine and12th Ave

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

I want to thank HIX for putting this little trip together. Even though conditions weren't right for stock Explorers yesterday, I still had a blast meeting everyone who attended, and enjoyed my first real 4x4 experience. When I get the pictures devoloped they will be sent in and posted.

Eric

Eric,

You missed it! Right after you left we headed to the first place the Hummer got stuck to mess around and Drew almost rolled his bronco. I'll let Eagle tell the story since he was in the passenger seat

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s

Hey guys,
Sorry I missed out. We need to set something up for an East Coast Wheelin Millinium Party. Early January would be good. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

I have a pretty good place to go thats totally legal. It's located out in western Maryland. It's a good place for moderately stock trucks to go. I took my 94 there with no suspension mods and stock tires and did fine. There were some areas where bigger tires and more ground clearence would of helped but I managed. I'm getting my Explorer lifted on December 21st so sometime after that would be great. Please send questions or comments to me directly at ExplorerDude@hotmail.com.

Happy Wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed

not sure, it just feels like i have new pads put in. i took it straight to the power wash yesterday, got what i thought was everything out from under the truck, with special care aouund the wheels and axl......just feels a bit different....?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Hix:
i read in one of your other posts that your brakes were touchy after you got done wheelin....well, sure enough, after i cleaned the mud from the bottom of the truck, i noticed that MY brakes are very touchy now, like new pads were put on.....did i break something?

------------------

Back