Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4x4
Who's Going?

Official Dates: April 12 - 20 2003
Official Website: Dead Link Removed

A while back I know quite a few of us were interested in going to EJS 2003, Me included, especially since we weren't planning the next Moab trip 'till later in the year (Nov?).

I just wanted to bring it back up to see if thats still the plan, and give us some time to register and arrange for a place to stay before everything fills up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Call me a wimp, but too many rigs on this board have ended up on their side or belly up at T'Haven. I'm worried that this might happen to my truck. My wife would kill me and then send me home to my mom where she'd finish me off!:eek:

Its very hard to geat a room that week of EJS, last year my son and I went but he signed up for the room 6 month before, and even the camp grounds are full.

Hotel Rooms

Both Indio and the El Centro areas should be checked for hotel accomodations if this is the case. North of El Centro is a town by the name of Westmoreland, CA. It is about 35 minutes south of TruckHaven and might possibly have accomodations. You should call the operator and ask for hotel listings in Westmoreland, and even Brawley, CA. This along with the Indio area should help you big time!

ken you are thinking of terra del sol jeep safari is in moab UTAH. Doubt I can make it there anyway.

Matt

I wouldn't mind meeting up with some other Explorer owners. I won't have my Explorer with me though, as my 4Runner is a little more trail friendly. I'm staying at the Comfort Suites.

FWIW - If you don't have a room yet, you better book it ASAP as rooms go quick. I booked my back in September to make sure I could get a room where I wanted.

Too much Egg Nog!

I totally thought this was for Tierra Del Sol. My buddy Andrew invited me to EJS yesterday. He told me the one trail I definitely want to avoid is The Moab Rim Trail. This is supposed to be the scariest trail in all of Moab. Be careful it you take this one!:eek:

Jefe, I was dead set on trying to make it to EJS, but with the way my new job is working out I seriously doubt that I will be able to pull it off. I'm still trying to figure out how. I live a LONG way from there now, and I am considering the Rubicon sometime in 2003. There's no way I could pull off two coast-to-coast trips in one year without lots of earned vacation time, and I don't have that. :(

I'm a definate maybe. I'll call to see if there are any RV sites available. I'm not planning on running any trails though, I would just like to see the vendors displays and all the trucks in town.

I'm in! If anyone can't get a room, and doesn't mind a 1.5 hour drive to get there, you can stay at my place. I'm hopeing to have 33's by EJS so I want to definatley go.

Back