Easy Fuel Capless System

Bill #5 Explorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
This is one feature I am really looking forward to! Silly, but true.

While pumping gas yesterday, when it was about -3 degrees, and messing with removing the cap, positioning the tether cord so the cap spins off, then doing the same in reverse to put the cap back on, was a good reminder of the EFCS benefits. The Easy Fuel system will make me into an instant NASCAR pit crew soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is one feature I am really looking forward to! Silly, but true.

While pumping gas yesterday, when it was about -3 degrees, and messing with removing the cap, positioning the tether cord so the cap spins off, then doing the same in reverse to put the cap back on, was a good reminder of the EFCS benefits. The Easy Fuel system will make me into an instant NASCAR pit crew soon!

When I was at the dealership, the sales guy kept bringing that up, as if it was some super cool feature. I just kept looking at him, thinking "What a crock!"

Turns out, it's actually a pretty cool feature that I appreciate way more than I thought I would. Go figure.

I don't no why it has taken this long to get this on vehicles. It can't cost that much more to have it put on and it is so simple.. NASCAR has used them for years haven't they?

I just wonder what will happen first time I'm taking a road trip through Jersey where they force you to let them pump the gas. I always cringe when the guy is done pumping and he continues to crank down the gas cap after it starts clicking like he is closing the hydrogen fueling valve on the Space Shuttle.

I am looking very forward to this feature though.

Jersey gas stations.

Yea I live in Jersey. It sucks. We are apparently not capable of pumping our own gas, and therefore are forced to wait rediculous amounts of time while ONE attendant, usually on his phone and obviously could care less about attempting to be efficient. I get yelled at a lot because i start pumping my own gas anyways. I really don't care. Its kinda sad but i actually get a little excited when i'm out of state and get to pump it myself.

Having grown up in a state where we pump our own gas, I was absolutely mystified when my wife and I (at 30 years old no less) visited Oregon for a week. I could NOT get over this. My mind just couldn't grasp this concept. I can't pump my own gas? I have to let someone else fill 'er up? Why? So the state can create more jobs? Jobs of pumping gas? Pumping someone's gas is NOT a job, it's a nice gesture. Akin to helping an old lady cross the street and I don't see any jobs for that. Maybe the boy scouts should sue. If I moved/lived in one of these states, you can bet your @ss I would become a politician and get that law changed.

Needless to say, I didn't tip that entire week :p:

Any other states where this is the case? Never having driven in NJ or Oregon, I, too, am totally floored that in some places pumping your own gas would be prohibited in this day and age.

I've had capless for three years. I thought it was stupid at first, but now I love it.

I did leave the cap off my GF's maxima the other day...had to explain to her that her 2010 isn't as advanced as my '08 and that is why :D

I do like the idea but I want to know what happens when it breaks? I would rather spend 10 bucks on a cap than spend 300 at the dealership because I need to buy the whole filler tube.

Last time I was in Jersey I was on my bike. The attendant TRIED to let him fill it up.....lets just say he didn't get too close with the nozzle lol

Funny why Ford can not standardize which side of their vehicles the gas filler is on. Some on the left, some on the right. My 3 Highlanders have all been on the left which makes it a little easier. The Explorer has it on the right which I think puts us in the minority. I could be wrong but it seems most vehicles have the cap on the left.

3 of my 4 Fords have it on the right. The only one that doesn't is my '66 Mustang, and that's on the rear.

I do like the idea but I want to know what happens when it breaks? I would rather spend 10 bucks on a cap than spend 300 at the dealership because I need to buy the whole filler tube.

You can replace the EasyFuel piece with a regular cap. Ford offers a standard locking cap as an option if you want.

3 of my 4 Fords have it on the right. The only one that doesn't is my '66 Mustang, and that's on the rear.
The Edge, Escape and Expedition all have it on the left. So did the Ford that pulled up to the pumps I was at the other day. Can't recall the model, it looked more like a wagon and I think it was replaced by either the Edge or Flex.

I hear you on the gas attendants. It really just seems silly now that they have the pay at the pump stuff too. I hand him the card, he turns around and swipes it for me, and then I get it back. I remember when I was little and all the places were full serve that at least they had to go to their register and image the card or get change for the cash and bring it all back to my parents and it sort of saved them a trip to the window to pay.

Last time I was there I remember they would swipe the card and then keep it until they were done filling the car and then give it back with the receipt, I guess it prompts tipping and lets you know they are ready for you to leave.

I guess they need jobs, but geez.

The benefit of Jersey, however, is that by driving across the bridge, I can save 30-40 cents/gallon.

Back