EATC Issues

LiKuiD

bahhhhhhhhh
Reaction score
City, State
Hillsborough, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 EB
Considering I converted my manual a/c to the EATC, I wouldnt call it stock but nevertheless...

Recently the EATC has been acting funky in where after the unit is on for about 20 min of operation, the unit begins to blow up cooler air. While this may seem normal as if its auto adjusting it doesnt stop. For example:

It's 50 degrees out, I set the EATC to 75 and Auto. It heats up normally and blows hot hot heat out the bottom until I tell it to chill out because after 5 min the car gets exteremely hot from all the heat and it doesnt stop blowing. No problem (I guess).

I drop the fan speed to min and let it sit at 75 on Auto still. After 20 min of comfortable driving, it starts to blow a/c'd air out of the panel. It gets cold very quick so I raise the temp to 78 it makes it comfortable again for another few min. Then the process repeats -i.e. it starts to blow cold out again I raise a few deg higher and it goes back and this goes all the way up to 90 when I just get pissed off and leave and turn off the unit because its a pain to keep messing with.

I'd like to think its just the blend door but its not falling into the general field of me not getting certain temps. I've also ruled out interior temp sensor by driving with the windows down in a cold night on Auto and the heat kicks in shortly after putting them down. Then after closing them back up the heat slows down after a few min. Maybe the EATC unit itself is bad?

what happens if you dont put it on auto, and just leave it on floor setting, or vent (neither use the Air Conditioner)?

Same thing...it will run at the right temp for a while then slowly start to cool off and ill have to keep raising it higher to keep up the warmer temp.

EATC, Climate Control Issues

I am having the same issues, however, I just had my heater box replaced. We were not getting any heat, so the mechanic determined that it was the heater box. Now, the heat works great for about 20 min then blows cold - if you jack up the temp you get heat for a little while longer. The cold air kicks in just when you think the heater fan should turn down because the proper temp was acheived.

I also had my blend door motor replaced in May because it was stuck on heat only. A/C and vent still seem to work, so I don't think it has anything to do with the blend door.

Everything worked great until about 2 weeks ago when the heat kicked out.

I beginning to think maybe there is something wrong with the electronics in the the climate control.

Any thoughts.....

Back