• Register Today It's free!

EATC on UK spec?

roadrunner001

Reaction score
City, State
Fife, Scotland
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Hi, I'm planning to buy an Explorer in the next month or so (was previously thinking of either a Jeep GC or Dodge Durango but the Ford is better value) and whilst browsing ebay noticed that you can buy the EATC control module fairly easily.

I've been looking at all the info I can to see if this was ever an option in the UK and then came across this forum.

Can anybody tell me if this was on any UK cars or am I gonna have to be satisfied with the manual switches? (I like my gizzmo's ;) )

cheers in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

EATC was never an option in the UK. But you could be the first to modify theirs to have it. Bear in mind that it is more than just the control unit.

Hunt for Eric's conversion thread on his 99 Sport. It's kind of involved, and others have done it as well. He has a 302 and AWD in his truck now, read the threads before jumping to it. Good luck,

Excuse the dimness... what is it? traction control or something?

Si

EATC Electronic Automatic Temperature Control

Thanks Howard, saves me spending ages looking for one with it installed :)

Si, it's electronic climate control, was hoping that it was available in the UK as it's fitted on the jeep GC Ltd from 2000 and as I said, I'm a bit of a gadget nut :-D

Oh right, I wanted to do that last summer, but it became a hassle to get the parts so I gave up

Si

Looks great, but sounds like a lot of work, I doubt very much if the redundant loom was put in place for the uk version, but good luck- let us know how you get on if you do it mate!

Back