Eaton Supercharger | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eaton Supercharger

Thought you guys could use a good laugh. Read through this thread on the KIA message board of all places...make sure and pay close atention to the mods he lists (especially the tranny and clutch).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What the hell?????

OMG! Is this guy smoking crack or what? THis is the funniest/saddest $h!t I have ever read. If you're going to make stuff up, at least be realistic. Direct quotes:

djtorello: "Figure this... A STOCK 1998 Kia Sephia LS can hit 11 sec. 1/4 miles without a problem. Its all about how you go through the gears."

So that's how it's done. Forget about power, by shifting well, you can take 8 seconds off your quarter mile!

djtorello: "A stock kia can run 6.795 sec 0-60's with an automatic transmission with the use of Silicone transmission fluid. This lets the transmission work at its optimum performance."

WOW! Imagine if you switch to silicone blinker fluid! That means I could be getting 4 second 0-60 times in my X! If only I had known sooner.

djtorello: "a 16 speed dual shift tiptronic transmission was custom build by Fighter tech industries. The torque converter alone has over 150 teeth."

What?

djtorello: "I was comming home from work, and i didnt want to stop, didnt have a choice though i ran out of gas. thats how the cop go me. speeding? ha 254 over the speed limit. "

Here he is explaining his $1500 speeding ticket.

Oh man, that was some good comic relief. I just hope he gets back on his medication...

Damn, even I can't come up with stories that good!

Originally posted by blk mk8
the car is 98%done and there are not any supras that can hold a candle to if we turn up the bost. we live in miami so it is not likly we will be seeing texas soon.

How much Horsepower do you think that baby is making?? Lucky i am not down in miami or my vette would give your stang a beating :D

My guy is going to do the fab work! :bounce: :D

He hasn't quoted a price yet, but I will let you guys know as soon as he tells me. Throttle body will be here early this week, and I will order the charger and fuel set up as soon as I get a price on the fab work.

STOCK/NO POWER :shoot:

Great! Let me know how much the fab work is going to be, and if it's cheap enough, then I'll go ahead and order it, do the work with a few buddies of mine and try to hide it from the parents for a few weeks/months/years, whichever is applicable hehe.

I also got my 2.5" tailpipe from a local muffler shop, and it really opened up the car a bit. It's sounding deeper, and alot better, and also, a few years ago I purchased a spiralmax thing from (dead link) and I placed it by my throttle body like it said. Well I was cleaning out my intake tube this past weekend, and I just remembered about it. "What a waste of money this was," I thought. So I took it and placed it in the middle of my intake tube. I started the car.. and I heard this sound like swishing air. I pulled the throttle cable to rev it a bit and my engine sounded like a jet! Man I was so surprised at the sound. Thinking that was just my intake.. I took it for a test drive, and wow, I got a lot more low end torque, and a noticeable high end power. To confirm I was just driving it pretty hard around town, and I had my girlfriend and my sister in the car with me while I was taking my girlfriend home. I met up with two Rangers at a light (lucky me!) and revved. I got a rev back, so it starts. I looked over to see what model (I couldn't tell) one was a new 2001 blue Ranger Edge (what cylinders are they?) and another was a '98 body style red one. I don't know what size engine they were, but I was all for the race. I power braked to 1400 rpm, and when the light turned green, everything on top of my dash flew back as my freakin' hood lifted up (not off the ground :mad: but still a bit up) and man I took off like a ****! I took him by himself by at least a car, maybe a car and a half, and I had 3 people in the car. Damn. So I don't know if it's the tailpipe, or the spiralmax.. but good lord I feel a damn good difference. I'm going to order another spiralmax for my girlfriend, and then we'll see if it really works. If any of you guys want to try it out, let me know the results.

I would love to stay and chat.. but I have a final paper due in the morning. Goodnight.

we have a vett at our shop for you to race that is bad @$$. it is a ZR1 with a 400 plus cubi inch motor for pump gas that should make 650 N/A and then has a wilson nos plate with 10 thousand dollar six speed special ZF race trans. the motor cost over 20 grand. thank god it is not my car because i would be living out of it. our mustang should make over 1000 hp it is designed to go 200 mph in less then a standing mile. so do you still want to race. oh depending on what mass air that was for it is a ok price. if it for a 80mm pro-m then it is a great price but if it is a 75mm bullet then it is over price and i can beat that price fairly easy.

Well, I'm sitting here impatiently waithing for my TB to get here (the tracking number shows it will be here today), and thought I would drop in here and see what was going on.

Troll, sounds like you have quite a shop there. Too bad I don't live closer so I could drop by and check out your work. I would love to see some more pictures of your work.

B.T. I had a pretty good race against one of my friends friday night (a group of us were scouting out good places for some "quiet" street racing). He drives a '95 N/A 3000GT and thinks it is a piece of **** (which it is, but it's not as bad as he thinks). Anyway, I pulled on him off the line and ran him up to about 45 or 50...I think we all know what happens then, no more pull just rolling. Needless to say he easily pulled haead of me at that point, but the important thing was we were having fun.

Well it is not my shop that has all the cool car it is my little brother and his friend shop that he works in conjuntion with to kick out some cool stuff. i work with my father growing and selling plants at his company in Homestead , Fl. if you want to come down and we will show you the town.

:eek: WOW! I was in Homstead after huricane andrew came through there. I was with my church doing a Vacation Bible School, and helping some people rebuild and such. I really liked it down there (even with all the damage), and maby some day I'll make my way back...I'll definately find some way to let you know that I'm comming if I do.

A bit of bad news, or at least for now, my TB didn't come in...it got stuck in Little Rock for some stupid reason :fire:, maby I'll get it tomarrow.

On a happy note, I got some 3" blocks to drop the Exploder tomarrow...now all I need is the swaybars.

What do sway bars actually do? I know their a suspension mod, but no clue what they're used for, someone fill me in please :confused:

Hey Godfather, when you get the TB in and install it, please tell me if you feel any gains because I was told earlier this morning if I'm not going to go with the supercharger, then don't bother with the TB and MAS. So just wondering if you're going to get any gains. Also.. what TB did you get? BBK 66mm? Isn't yours a SOHC? I thought I saw on truckperformance.com that the BBK TB only fits OHV models.. I might be wrong.. Anyway let me know if there's a good diff. Thanks.

you didn't ask me, but you told you not to get a mas and tb if you weren't going to get a supercharger? there are a ton of n/a mills out there making big power, and one of the ways they do so is with the use of large mas' and tb's. it's like a proven fact that increasing those and opening up the exhaust will make a noticable power increase.

I talked to the guy from Performance Products, Mike T, and he said in an email.. wait let me get it:

Mike: "No, I do not think you should change the MAF (mass airflow meter) or the TB (throttle body), as the factory units have plenty of airflow capacity for those engines with significantly higher power output than stock. You don't need to change the MAF or TB until you do something radical, like a supercharger, or do a camshaft change along with a serious port & polish job on the cylinder heads. Unless those mods are done there just isn't any need to increase the airflow capacity of those particular components, the power gain is slim to none, and they also require custom programming because of the leanout. The manufacturers of those parts, and Granatelli doesn't make their parts, Pro-M makes them under the name Pro-flo, causes a 1.8-2.0 leaning out of the A/F ratio @ WOT, requiring us to compensate for that so you're not running dangerously lean. They calibrate those units to lean out the A/F ratio so that you feel a power gain when you install any aftermarket MAF, but that has to be compensated for, and once that is done, there goes the power gain from that part, unless you have a blower or ported heads."

He gave me really good information about the superchips and diablo chips, and he seems to know what he's talking about. What do you guys think about the MAS and TB?

It's all about air flow.
Yes I got the BBK 66mm, no i didn't see anything about it just being for the OHV but I guess I will find out soon enough. I will definately post here as soon as I test it out.

As for the swaybars....
They bassically controll the body roll. Each end is attached to one side of the suspension and rund through mounts on the frame as well. As the car/truck enters the corner it shifts its weight to the outside thus pushing up on the outside (drivewr side in a right hand, pass in a left hand) suspension "up." the swaybars then transfer this movement across the fram as a downward push on the other side, thus keeping those wheels firmly on the ground, and balencing out the body. By upgrading the swaybarsm, you get a larger one that is much stiffer and more controlling.

Did that help?

Yeah that helped alot, thanks. Now I definately need some better ones, because I'm afraid to make a quick jerk because I always feel like I'm going to roll when I'm cruising at 70+mph, and when I was riding Alec's car (he has the saleen sway bars), his handled like it was going 30mph, and we were closing in at 80mph. So.. I need new ones. Anyone know how much they'll cost and are they hard to install? Will I need a lift or something big I have to take to a shop?

hmmm...I just read back through my last post and it didn't seem to click...
I think that I meant to say that the swaybar pulls the other side up which in turn brings the body down, and eliminates body roll. Now I'm just confused...it's late and school is taking it's toll....oh well, I tried, and i know one of them is right.

anyway, check http://www.steeda.com for swaybars, I think that is going to be where i get mine. They list them at $169 and less depending on the application.

HEY! CHECK MY THREAD IN THE SPORT SECTION...I'VE GOT SUSPENSION ISSUES THAT I NEED HELP WITH :eek:

mainly directed toward the dropped guys...

Hey guys, there's this guy in my neighborhood that has a supercharged thunderbird, and it just sits there. I've never seen it move, so I'm going to ask him if he'll sell the supercharger on it. But my question is, will I have to get the same custom fab plenum for the thunderbird's S/C as I am for the Eaton M90? Good lord! I really want this supercharger but I still can't find anyone to do it for me! I finally came across some extra money (insurance money cause I was hit twice in the last 3 weeks.. in two different cars! Bah! :frustrate but hey at least I got some extra cash), and I'm thinking that this supercharger is getting closer and closer to reality. So what's easier, the thunderbird supercharger install or the Eaton M90 install on the 4.0 OHV? Blk mk8, troll? I know you guys know this stuff. Which is easier/less expensive? Thanks guys.

Wally

i'm assuming it is one of the older factory supercharged thunderbirds like a 88-93 or something, i don't really know the years. but i don't think that charger makes a whole lot of boost. it probably only makes 5 or 6 lbs at most and it isn't on a 4.0 i think its on like a 3.8 or something which probably isn't even close to a 4.0 and might even be sohc, which really wouldn't help you.

so pretty much i don't know anything but i just thought i would kind of ramble with my uninformed opinion on the issue at hand

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL thanks expo, I needed the laugh.

Back