EB / Limited bumpers and trim

Gr8One1998

Reaction score
City, State
Thousand Oaks, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Hey everyone!

I have an '03 XLT and currently have the standard XLT textured gray trim around the doors, wheels and bumpers. I want to give it the "LIMITED" look by switching to solid black glossy trim. I've been able to find the new bumpers pretty easily online, but I am having dificulty with the trim pieces on the bottom of the doors, and the pieces that go over the wheel wells. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to find those?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why not paint the trims?

You mean paint the trim I already have? It's that weird textured material so I don't think it would match the rest of the paint on the truck.

i did a bumper swap on my xls and repainted the trim with krylon fusion... any questions get back to me

2456765_16_full.jpg

2456765_64_full.jpg

Does anyone have any advice on where to look for the Eddie Bauer / Limited trim pieces? I've had no luck so far on eBay.

Thanks!

Your only bet is to find one in a salvage yard.
And thats gonna be tough as it takes a lot to write off a limited explorer, there is always someone that will fix it and put it back on the road.
If you do find one.. chances are its going to be heavily damaged and most of the required pieces will be damaged.

i have an ALL black 99 x but the front and back bumbers are grey. is painting them with black krylon fusion a good idea or will it not work? jw

thanx

i have an ALL black 99 x but the front and back bumbers are grey. is painting them with black krylon fusion a good idea or will it not work? jw

thanx

krylon fusion will pretty much stick to everything, minus rubber (thats obvious)... id suggest using a gloss black and topping it off with minwax gloss polyurethane... itll give it a very even look and ull be pleased

krylon fusion will pretty much stick to everything, minus rubber (thats obvious)... id suggest using a gloss black and topping it off with minwax gloss polyurethane... itll give it a very even look and ull be pleased

really thats awesome! im deff gonna try it out soon!

THANX:thumbsup:

So what are you going to do with that old rear bumper? cause if you still have it I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands.

I have an LMC Truck catalog right here that has the front bumper and all needed pieces for a EB or Limited. Check out www.lmctruck.com.

They don't have the rear bumper though. I'm equally interested in this as well. I want to have the smooth factory finish look. Krylon over the textured stuff just won't do.

If anyone knows where to find the rear bumpers, besides a stealership or a junkyard, please post up.

You can pull the rear bumper from an XLT with the Sport Appearance Package and have the same effect: the lower trim is painted shadow grey metalic, and it is a smooth finish.

IMG_7248.jpg

That's the side trim and the rear fender flare done. Where did you find a XLT bumper online for a good price? I've been looking but I can't find one for a good price.

:eek: I really like what you did with you X! Its pretty much exactly what I want to do- it looks very nice and clean yet off-road ready at the same time. hard to do I think, and every detail on yours fits together perfectly IMO.

:eek: I really like what you did with you X! Its pretty much exactly what I want to do- it looks very nice and clean yet off-road ready at the same time. hard to do I think, and every detail on yours fits together perfectly IMO.

i appreciate that very much... my trim needs to be redone soon from getting scratched up in certain places... i made the mistake of not putting on a clearcoat when i had the chance when everything was off... shoulda just gone ahead and added it but im dumb so i didnt haha... other projects that im doing soon is painting the inner edge of the brake rotors (to match the calipers) and repainting the roof and pillars that are oxidizing like crazy

Back