• Register Today It's free!

eBay flip key

jaydez

Reaction score
City, State
Hartford County, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT V6 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We run a flip key from "artiway" on our '06 mustang.

So far, the ONLY issue we have run into is there are 2 tiny screws that hold the key "blade" into the hinge. The screws came loose a few times.. I just use some locktite on it to solve the issue.

Here is a youtube vid I did of a review of the 3 different types of keys we got from ebay...

BTW.. The "flip key" is my favorite Key :) and we want to get a 2nd one now.

~Mark

EDIT: I just noticed.. The key we have from "mykeyless" is a switchblade key.. The "flip key" is from artiway. The "switchblade" key from mykeyless was plastic and the metal strap it uses to pull the blade back in is having issues now (got crimped one time).. The flip key from artiway is working great. I updated my orig. post with the right names..

Just ordered one....now I don't have to constantly play with my GF's Acura key:D

We run a flip key from "artiway" on our '06 mustang.

So far, the ONLY issue we have run into is there are 2 tiny screws that hold the key "blade" into the hinge. The screws came loose a few times.. I just use some locktite on it to solve the issue.

BTW.. The "flip key" is my favorite Key :) and we want to get a 2nd one now.

~Mark

EDIT: I just noticed.. The key we have from "mykeyless" is a switchblade key.. The "flip key" is from artiway. The "switchblade" key from mykeyless was plastic and the metal strap it uses to pull the blade back in is having issues now (got crimped one time).. The flip key from artiway is working great. I updated my orig. post with the right names..

Mark,
I believe the flip key you have is a modified Mazda Key. It looks just like the key from my brother's Mazdaspeed6 that he used to have and one of my friends has a 2010 Mazda3 and her key looks exactly the same.

Just ordered one....now I don't have to constantly play with my GF's Acura key

can you post a review of the key when you get it with actual pictures you take?

Will do...just got a message from the seller that it has shipped....it's coming from Taiwan...he has 100% feedback with 6000+ transactions so I think it will go smoothly

Mark,
I believe the flip key you have is a modified Mazda Key. It looks just like the key from my brother's Mazdaspeed6 that he used to have and one of my friends has a 2010 Mazda3 and her key looks exactly the same.

Thats been the ongoing debate for a while. It looks like the mazda key, but people with mazdas say its not a mazda key.

~Mark

Maniak said:

I am confused. I've read and re-read your post, with the updated edit. I still don't understand which one you like the best and still use. Is it the "flip key" or the "switchblade" key? And so I have this right, the all black remote is the "switchblade" key, right, from mykeyless?

When we bought our key from mykeyless they called it a switchblade key and it was the kind you manually deploy (push out) and you hit a button and it retracts. Its the gray one in the video..

The key we bought from Artiway was called a "flip key". That is the black key that you press a button the the key flips out from the side.

The key listed in post 1 of this thread would be considered a "flip key" going by my video.. AND.. the flip key is what we like.

~Mark

Great, thank you. Where did you get it programed? My Ford dealer wants $75 since I only have 1 key and 1 fob.

Do the buttons on the fob all work correctly? Do you need to program those as well. Thanks.

All the buttons work as expected.. and we already had 3 so programming the new ones was no big deal. You do program the remote and the key (pats).

IIRC you can have 4 remotes programmed to a single vehicle. I don't remember how many "keys" you can have programmed (I think we have 8).

If you have only 1 key, you have 2 choices. Dealer or a good locksmith. Around here, locksmiths that have the equipment to program a 2nd key & fob (remote) charge at least $50.

Once you have the 2nd one, you can add more yourself.. that is why we always have 3. That way if we lose one its easy to add another.

~Mark

Thanks again. I'll have Ford do the first key and fob, then do it my own from there.

Thx.

Thanks again. I'll have Ford do the first key and fob, then do it my own from there.

Thx.

Have Ford Dealer program the key and do the fob yourself. Maybe save some $$. It's not that hard.

Dead Link Removed

Back