EBay seller with Aerostar parts.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
This guy runs a very large auto parts store on eBay he has factory new nos plus use parts for everything he's aa aa auto. My problem is he low ballas price on some parts but kills you on shipping.
Example he sells all year long brand new factory transfer cases still in box for $280. But he wacks you $300 shipping. I've TRYED to talk to him about shipping. I quoted him $75.00 from Texas to Vegas that's 4 day from FedEx . No he insist ups and that's his price,
Maybe there's something here for you. This weeks Aerostar parts list.
http://stores.ebay.com/AA-AA-AUTOMO...r&submit=Search&_fsub=451427819&_sid=12462679

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hate dealing with people like that, I wonder if you could arrange local pickup? What I mean by local pickup is someone else ships it to you FedEx.

I hate dealing with people like that, I wonder if you could arrange local pickup? What I mean by local pickup is someone else ships it to you FedEx.
I wish I had family in Texas he has some old hot rod stuff. I was looking today he had mustang gt350/500 parts nos has 428 parts ect... his catalog is hard to follow. I told him I would buy the case and have fed ex or ups pick it up. It can't weigh no more than 50 pounds. If you log onto ups you type zip code pound and box size they have a limit and tells you how much. That's why he low balls those prices. I don't know his connection but he has those transfer cases 3 times a year at lease. Jan he had 10 and now he has 3/4 left. He seams to allway post 10 advailble. He must get them in lots of 10. According to what I read this week from Ford while I was searching for tsb notices. Ford Aerostar awd was cutting into explorer sales badly. Areostar were selling 100,000 units a year. Built on the same line as explorer. That's the reason for the Dana because the auto bw in the explorer would have went into areostar and still been awd like the mountaineer. So Ford was selling the wind star and chose not to compleat with the explorer anymore so cut it in 97.

It is a way to lower return refunds. If you sell a part for $280 + $300 shipping, you get $580. If it really costs, lets say, $100 for shipping, you’ve made $480.

If buyer returns, or invokes eBay protection, seller demands you return item at your cost shipping, and you only get listed selling price back, $280. Seller still makes profit on returned item billed into shipping charge.

Call his bluff. Tell him you’ll get a prepaid shipping label from UPS at your cost and mail it to him, and he will not have to pay up front for ANY shipping. Or a prepaid label that the UPS driver brings and attaches to box right at pickup point. Amazon does that with me all the time. It a way for shipper to not have to pay up front for shipping.

He’ll reject that for some excuse because he won’t be able to up the shipping charge.

It is a way to lower return refunds. If you sell a part for $280 + $300 shipping, you get $580. If it really costs, lets say, $100 for shipping, you’ve made $480.

If buyer returns, or invokes eBay protection, seller demands you return item at your cost shipping, and you only get listed selling price back, $280. Seller still makes profit on returned item billed into shipping charge.

Call his bluff. Tell him you’ll get a prepaid shipping label from UPS at your cost and mail it to him, and he will not have to pay up front for ANY shipping. Or a prepaid label that the UPS driver brings and attaches to box right at pickup point. Amazon does that with me all the time. It a way for shipper to not have to pay up front for shipping.

He’ll reject that for some excuse because he won’t be able to up the shipping charge.
Your right he refused my shipping,I talked to him until I was blue in the face. I said I just bought a mig welder from Eastwood 75 pounds from penn to Vegas 4 day shipping $53.00. I did the 50 pound guess and ups told me $50. From Texas to Vegas. I rubbygoldburg my transfer case not to leak. But that price was good for a new Ford sealed box. I would have even paid more but to charge that much for shipping no.

It's a well known fact that they make money on the shipping charges, and pay a lower fee for their sales since the items are selling for lower than the average price.

A few years ago I purchased a butane powered glue gun on EBay for $1.99. The shipping cost was $18! I emailed the seller asking him if he could send it a different way. His reply was blunt, and to the point. He said that this is what he charges for shipping, and if I don't like it then don't buy it. It was a good deal even with the high cost of shipping. Some sellers won't combine shipping even if you purchase several pieces of the same item.

I have bought a lot of ham radios on eBay and sold them. E bay has cut out about 50% of the buyer protection stuff. I pay with pal and allways pay with pay pal instead of visa. Pay pal holds the funds now until you receive the item. I had a guy last year send me a broken radio telling me it was working and I must have striped the good parts out. I contacted pay pal, they held the funds and gave me my money.

Here's a link to A tire carrier

I just checked his listings. Most of the lighter stuff has free shipping.

Back