ebay shackles... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ebay shackles...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i live in canada...war153 is like 94.00, the ebay ones are 70.00, shipped for both...so it would save me some cash to go with those ones.

i was checking his feedback...sold a lot of them and most are positive, the negatives were "hard to install"....as far as i know...its 2 bolts per side...right? just jack up the body to release the pressure on the springs...undo the 2 bolts, take out old shackles, put in new ones, do bolts back up, lower body....done?

why not just spend the money and get ones you know are the best. is it really worth saving 10-20 bucks. difficult to install could mean bad measurements on his part. and hows the coating on them?

i got some spray on rockguard i could spray them with...at this moment...20 bucks means a lot to me...i dont make a whole lot at work and im almost 21 with a 4 month old child...so...thats why im coming here to ask you guys if anyone has experience with them, they might be the exact same product, just made from a different guy... theres a lifetime warrenty on them, but if the shackle goes as im driving, that could cause some other damage to the vehicle...i've never taken my explorer off road, and ill be tryingthis summer on some mild trails as ill only have 31's by 10.5's, ill be putting on the f150 coil spacers this summer, then take her out for a little trip.

Back