Ecoboost 170 degree thermostat group buy | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ecoboost 170 degree thermostat group buy

Has anyone that has done this seen a problem w/ delayed amount of time for the engine to get to operating temperature? I'd be worried about the engine not heating up enough to burn out the water and condensation before driving around.
Nope, takes about a minute to get to temp with my car, of course it's 110 out but hey. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So does the factory thermostat open at a higher temperature. I would think that ford selected the engine to run a x temperature for a reason. With all their engineering and research why would ford select a thermostat that doesn't make the engine run at it's precise optimum temperature if instead 170 is supposedly the better one. Thermostats are not high tech items and cheap!

So does the factory thermostat open at a higher temperature. I would think that ford selected the engine to run a x temperature for a reason. With all their engineering and research why would ford select a thermostat that doesn't make the engine run at it's precise optimum temperature if instead 170 is supposedly the better one. Thermostats are not high tech items and cheap!

Ford selected a lot of things for a reason, with a mass generalized consumer as the end goal to satisfy. Modding takes that generic ride and turns it into one that best fits your individual needs. Ford knows what their doing, but just because they made something to one spec, doesn't mean it's the absolute best for every single person out there, every single use out there, and every single market out there.

PM's sent out to verify you're still interested.

Just received the thermostats, I'll be shipping them all out this afternoon.

All Tstats shipped, unfortunately my printer sucks horribly and the tracking numbers couldn't be read but they all are on their way as of this afternoon (3:00PM AZT)

Back