EcoBoost 3.5L Transverse Specialty Hardware | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EcoBoost 3.5L Transverse Specialty Hardware

As some of you know, I have been offering some hardware kits I put togther that worked for a lot of my build. Just small things to make life a bit easier and in some cases bring tolernaces in a bit tighter. I am listing them here all together as it is a bit easier to consolidate this in one thread. These kits came to life one at a time and I sold them as such and I want to say I appreciate those of you who purchased my kits each time I put one out and paid the shipping each time around. My point is, shipping is really what is killing the price. USPS Priority is the cheapest and easiest seeing as these are pretty small items. I am pricing them individually without shipping added in, as now that I have these sets all available, I can combine shipping should any of you want more than one kit.

I have a few left over of each initial run. When I run out, I'll take stock on any additional interest in the kits before I proceed to make another run. Making one or two sets at a time isn't really cost effective, so in order to make another run, I'd need to know there was enough additional interest in it.

If you are interested, PM me what kits you'd like and I can tell you if there is still some inventory left, I'll then PM you PayPal payment details. I am posting this on multiple forums so if you'v hit me up on a different platform, just remind me what your screenname is on the other site so I don't have duplicate requests confusing things. Thank you again and I truly appreciate the love and support the community has given.

(INVENTORY UPDATED AS OF 24DEC2020)

BBK Throttle Body Hardware Kit - $21.50
5 sets left
EcoBoost intake manifold to BBK 70mm TB dowels/hardware

PTU, RDU, Trans Hardware Kit - $36.50 (Galvanized )
8 sets left
PTU, RDU, Trans Hardware Kit - $66.50 (316 Stainless Steel - Might be of interest to those in very corrosive environments, ie, coastal regions or those that get a lot of roads salts during the winter)
0 sets left
Gauging Interest: EcoBoost PTU, RDU, Trans drain plugs

X35 Phenolic Spacer Hardware Kit - $11.50
1 sets left
Got my X35 Phenolic Spacer...

USPS Shipping - $8.50

I've sold out of my last set of drain plugs. I am doing another batch order for them, but need to get a bit more interest as I have to order in bulk.

Although the dowel prices are staying the same, I am having to increase the plug set price by $15 ($45 shipped, instead of $30). I'm doing this for a few reasons:

1) I'm up-sizing the drain hole diameter from 1/4" to 5/16". They will still have 1/8 NPT fitting but the drain cap will be slightly larger. Previously I was milling them out to that diameter and took me a lot of setup time.

2) I was actually losing money at the $21.50 unshipped price...it was unsustainable.

The fittings are galvanized steel fittings, but I am now also offering fittings that are identical dimension-ally, but in 316 stainless. These fittings are super pricey for me so the cost goes up quite a bit ($75 shipped), but they are definitely the cats-meow...super corrosion resistant. Might be of interest to those in very corrosive environments (coastal regions or those that get a lot of roads salts during the winter). I know it won't interest many, but just making the offer available. I will be switching to them personally when I do my next fluid change. These fittings will be pre-treated with PTFE sealant tape on the NPT side meant for stainless steel fittings as well.

OK, it took me longer than anticipated to get everything together. I've got some kits put together if folks are still interested. They are the newer, larger versions, so draining will be a bit easier, but still utilize a 1/8 NPT fitting.

I've got 316 stainless steel ones (ideal for those in corrosive environments, i.e., coastal regions or places that use road salts in the winter) as well as standard galvanized.

- Stainless set is $75 shipped:
eHz9OrWt_4b3E?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Lh43qG82GxVZu?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

S7-DkROpGdeGA?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

- Galvanized set is $45 shipped:
4PuXtmN8sdNPZ?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

JEkNMpZIU154c?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Mgzx7jJlcKg6M?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

If you're interested, message me and I'll send you payment information. It will be shipped via USPS Priority and I'll provide a tracking number as well.

Back