Eddie Bauer Explorer vs Explorer?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eddie Bauer Explorer vs Explorer??

marcbarger

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I've got a 2006 Explorer. What differenciates an Eddie Bauer Explorer and a regular Explorer? I just read that the EB had an emblem on it that said EB. I bought this thinking it was an Eddie Bauer. They say the seats in an EB have leather outer and cloth inside panels. Mine are all leather. When I search for a 2006 EB Explorer it shows one just like the one I have. Same color, same interior color. But nothing on it says Eddie Bauer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are four trim levels of the 4th gen Explorer: XL, XLT, Eddie Bauer, and Limited. I don't know what exactly differenciates each, though. I believe a few things that are different from the XLT include the fake wood, the two tone exterior color (whatever color your's is plus tan trim), the better info center between the tach and speedometer, white guages, etc. Full leather might have been an option. Someone correct me if any of this is wrong.

I have a 2006 EB, the badge is on the left rear that says EB. That's the only place on the outside that has it.

I think the only interior difference is the seats are all leather with a different trim. The drivers seat has more tilt and lumbar controls, pass seat is manual on mine. Floor mats might be a different style.

The info display is also standard on the EB, it's digital with more options like auto locks off/on, and headlight delay times.
It will run thru a system check also.

I'm sure there are different option packages that might be different with the EB.

I had the same question when I was looking for my Explorer. I ended up with a 2006 EB, which happens to need a lot of work to get it where I need it. Anyway, I can tell you EB doesn't mean heated seats cause I don't have them. I think it may mean pedal adjust, and I'm certain it means two tone exterior color and better info center. IMHO it's nothing special one way or the other, other than the 2 tone (Which some people actually don't like) it's the same as an XLT. The Limited is where it's at.

I had the same question when I was looking for my Explorer. I ended up with a 2006 EB, which happens to need a lot of work to get it where I need it. Anyway, I can tell you EB doesn't mean heated seats cause I don't have them. I think it may mean pedal adjust, and I'm certain it means two tone exterior color and better info center. IMHO it's nothing special one way or the other, other than the 2 tone (Which some people actually don't like) it's the same as an XLT. The Limited is where it's at.

The Limited is nice, but doesn't it only come with black seats? That's a negative for me, especially in the South. Not that it matters since I'm not getting a Limited, but anyway...

The two tone seats were optional in the eddie bauer Luxury Package, which very few seem to have.Main Standard eddie bauer upgrades for 2006 were 17 inch wheels, Safety Canopy System, Leather seats (unheated), keyless entry keypad, auto headlights, auto dim rearview mirror, better message center in cluster, Gold outside trim, nostril grill, silver roof rack rails.

Heated mirrors, adjustable pedals, and moonroof were optional.

Personally, I prefer the optional 17 inch wheel available on the XLT over the eddie 17 inch wheel. For 2006 there were 6 different wheels over the explorer line.

My 2006 EB is basic model execept has the moonroof option. We call it the Edward Boner edition.

Go to WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr. in the STICKY at the top of this forum. Your window sticker will tell you if you have an Eddie Bauer. I have a 2009 EB and there is no Eddie Bauer insignia on the exterior. I think only the EB has the tan fender lips.

Go to www.edmunds.com and research yourself.
You need to know what trim you have (no such thing as "base" or "regular" Explorer.

Back