• Register Today It's free!

Eddie Bauer mesh grille

ImpactF0nt

Reaction score
City, State
Northwest Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
I'm currently a 3rd gen owner, but I'm considering adding a 4th gen limited to my garage soon. Unpopular opinion but I really like the look of the eddie bauer grille better than the limited. I would like to obtain an eddie bauer grille for the limited, easy enough, but I also want to change it to a mesh style instead of the bar style. Has anyone done this? Is there a 3rd party that has these or would I have to get the mesh from a hardware store and figure out how to swap it into the grille? I appreciate any information, again I don't have one yet, I'm just trying to plan out my future projects for it if I end up going for it.

I always found it amusing that the mid price option - the EB that was between the XLT and the Limited price wise - got the better looking grill. The XLT and Limited literally share the same grill. Not to mention the two tone paint job - I know it's a personal preference thing but the paint job on the EB was a win for Ford. Again, personal preference, but externally the EB stood out above even the Limited.
Sorry - I can't answer the mesh grill question but personally I would just go with the EB grill if you like it. The aftermarket is unfortunately limited on this generation.

I have that grille on mine, only in black. Installation was easy.

Back